Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Is it crazy if I get different dishwashers for dairy/meat?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 11:08 am
Rubber ducky, I don't know which model Bosch; but it's around $600-700 if that tells you anything.

ariellabella

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 11:46 am
Can you see them both in person? I am appliance shopping too right now, and many brands have stainless steel that look quite different from each other. I think even if the models are different, as long as the stainless matches you should be fine.

imasinger

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 12:57 pm
I have different ones, because one of the two matching ones we got died first. One is stainless, one is white. Kitchen looks just fine.

Miri7

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 1:05 pm
I think if they're both stainless and look pretty much the same that it will look fine. Do the fronts look similar even though not identical? It would look weird if one was stainless and one white. But two stainless are probably ok.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 1:05 pm
Thanks for your input!

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 1:08 pm
Several Bosches fall into that price range.

Link to ajmadison.com where I took these screen shots: ajmadison.com

Is it this Maytag?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And here are Bosches between $600 - $700:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

In my (professional and) personal opinion, if they're located on the same wall or near each other at right angles it will look better if both are the same. Especially on the same wall, small differences in color will be noticeable. If they'e on opposite walls or at right angles and not near each other, I think you'll be OK with the Bosches that look similar to the Maytag.

jflower

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 6:19 pm
Would you consider an 18" dishwasher for dairy? That's what I did. I don't use it very often but it comes in very handy during the 9 days or other times when I serve dairy meals. I'm glad I didn't waste the extra space for a regular sized dairy dishwasher. But of course it depends on the size of your family & how many dishes you need to wash. In that case this smaller size may not work for you.

Whatever you decide, good luck!

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 7:38 pm
I would never use my Milchig cause I Only use plastic for Milchig. What I would love is a dishwasher for motzei pesach for the packing away the gazillion dishes rush.

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 9:54 pm
jflower wrote:
Would you consider an 18" dishwasher for dairy? That's what I did. I don't use it very often but it comes in very handy during the 9 days or other times when I serve dairy meals. I'm glad I didn't waste the extra space for a regular sized dairy dishwasher. But of course it depends on the size of your family & how many dishes you need to wash. In that case this smaller size may not work for you.

Whatever you decide, good luck!

Same here Smile both are stainless and it looks nice. They're not right next to each other.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 9:58 pm
Dear OP I bench you sincerely that ad meah vesrim this should be your biggest problem.

sourstix

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 10:02 pm
I have dw for both and I just made sure they were the same color. milchig I got cheaper its good enough. I love them both. I am so happy I got them. a real life saver.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 9:10 am
A bit different, but why not. I heard of people with two.

zaq

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 10:57 am
Is your question whether or not to get two, or whether or not to get two that look different? From a pure kashrus-ergonomics standpoint I'd suggest different models for the same reason you choose different patterns for your fleishik and milchik tableware--to minimize the likelihood of a mixup.

Marion

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 3:46 pm
amother wrote:
Not crazy at all. That's a major thing in my new kitchen, a second dishwasher so I can use my milchig dishes again Very Happy

We have two dishwashers for each set of dishes...they are attached at the end of my arms. Do not understand why one can't use dishes if one doesn't have a dishwasher (appliance).

greenfire

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 4:02 pm
zaq wrote:
Is your question whether or not to get two, or whether or not to get two that look different? From a pure kashrus-ergonomics standpoint I'd suggest different models for the same reason you choose different patterns for your fleishik and milchik tableware--to minimize the likelihood of a mixup.

this Im with stupid

while I don't own a dishwasher[s] I should think you would want differences should you take racks out to clean them - or whatnot ... cause then there would be no point in the two if you get them mixed up

Marion wrote:
We have two dishwashers for each set of dishes...they are attached at the end of my arms. Do not understand why one can't use dishes if one doesn't have a dishwasher (appliance).

there are many reasons one might punish their dishes & keep them from coming out of the cabinet ... if they never wash them - they might use disposable

I once had my shabbos china punished until I cleaned & painted the dining room ...

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 6:49 pm
amother wrote:
Dear OP I bench you sincerely that ad meah vesrim this should be your biggest problem.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

guess we can't use imamother for a #firstworldproblem lest we get comments like this

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 6:51 pm
amother wrote:

I was not complaining. I was just asking for advice...

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 6:52 pm
zaq wrote:

As I said earlier, I am getting two. The question is whether to get two that look different. I am leaning towards getting two slightly different ones, as I originally thought I would do.

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 7:04 pm
amother wrote:
I was not complaining. I was just asking for advice...

Yeah, you're fine op she's obviously just jealous/sarcastic

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 7:14 pm
Not sarcastic. Or jealous. I meant it as a genuine bracha. In all sincerity. There are people on here trying to work out if they should put their kids in public school or get divorced . Your issue is what dw to get . That's all. You're fine op it's not a criticism, it's a bracha. That's all.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics