Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Is it crazy if I get different dishwashers for dairy/meat?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 7:15 pm
Deleted double post

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 7:36 pm
my friend has 2 dishwashers but she uses them both for fleishig. This way there is very little mess accumulated over shabbos. (Many people in newer houses in lakewood have 2. I have one and would use 2 for fleishig if I would ever get 2.) The big question I would ask is if it's crazy to get 3?? Two for fleishig and 1 for milchig! Not in my plans but hey, why not??? Same way I would really want 2 washers/dryers .....

MitzadSheini

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 8:37 pm
I'd say go for 3! I once heard of a non Jewish single guy who made his whole kitchen of dishwashers. He said it was cheaper than getting a joiner. What he was buying was a cupboard that washed the dishes.

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 8:39 pm
Regarding 3 dishwashers: Just make sure you still have a place to put your pots and pans!

lucky14

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 10:31 pm
not going to read through all the responses, no time, so I don't know if you've figured out what you're doing yet or not but it's not insane at all unless you really don't have the money for it. It makes things so much easier. Also it totally does NOT matter if the brands are the same or not. I know people who have two different brand dishwashers, actually very close to each other in the kitchen and you do not notice at all. There are people who have different brand stoves and ovens and it really doesn't matter it looks totally normal and you don't pay attention and it doesn't matter.

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Sep 02 2016, 2:06 am
amother wrote:
Not sarcastic. Or jealous. I meant it as a genuine bracha. In all sincerity. There are people on here trying to work out if they should put their kids in public school or get divorced . Your issue is what dw to get . That's all. You're fine op it's not a criticism, it's a bracha. That's all.

Ummmm maybe she has those problems too?? No one's life is perfect you never ever know what's going on in someone's life. God forbid if she posts on here about 2 dishwashers!

Sorry op to hijack your thread it just really rubs me the wrong way when someone gives out a bracha under a veneer of condescending insincerity.

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Sep 02 2016, 3:26 am
Oh for goodness sake. I have no idea about anything. I never intended it in any other way other than a bracha.

This emoticon is me bashing my own head, ok?

Banging head

Hope that makes you feel better.

I'm so sorry to have caused you pain. Really truly deeply Banging head Banging head Banging head Banging head Banging head Banging head

imasinger

Post Fri, Sep 02 2016, 6:40 am
I'm fascinated that there are people who would rather have 2 dishwashers for meat and none for dairy.

The only time we usually have meat is Shabbos/Sunday. The rest of the time, it's dairy/pareve. My milchig dishwasher gets used tons more than my fleishig one.

(Autocorrect assumed that I was trying to say, "my mulching dishwasher gets used tons more than my flushing one.)

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Sep 02 2016, 8:08 am
Amother lilac, thank your your Bracha! I am not offended or bothered 😉

Everyone else, thanks again for your opinion!
I am very excited for a milchig dishwasher.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics