Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Front door locks

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 8:37 am
We are trying to figure out what sort of locks to put on our doors to the outside.

Dh was thinking a deadbolt with a key inside at all times so its not a fire hazard. I think leaving the key inside is a child getting out the front door themselves hazard. So he wants to now what options I thibk are better. A deadbolt with a knob opener is just as accessible for kids.

What do you have?

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 9:59 am
that is true but if the kid walks off with the key then you are in trouble. We switched our locks when we moved they were keys on both sides and we were afraid a kid might walk off with it and we would be in trouble.
We have reg deadbolt in back doors and a shabbos lock in the front

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 10:27 am
amother wrote:
We are trying to figure out what sort of locks to put on our doors to the outside.

Dh was thinking a deadbolt with a key inside at all times so its not a fire hazard. I think leaving the key inside is a child getting out the front door themselves hazard. So he wants to now what options I thibk are better. A deadbolt with a knob opener is just as accessible for kids.

What do you have?

Please check with your fire department before installing a keyed deadbolt on the inside. They are a safety hazard and illegal in many cities.

greenfire

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 8:54 pm
total fire hazard not to mention claustrophobic

just get a normal lock and if you're afraid that your kids will open the door put a latch high up for when you're home
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating