Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Double stroller for 3yr old & newborn?

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 5:16 pm
My DS will be a bit over 3 yrs old when I give birth. The 3 yr old will be home with me for about four months after the baby is born, before he starts preschool. I'm wondering if I should invest in a double stroller and if so which one? I would consider using the single stroller I have now for the toddler and carry the baby in a carrier but I may have another c-section and won't want to use a carrier while I heal. I love walking in our neighborhood but I'm also in and out of the car. Does a 3 yr old use the stroller much? Should I have two strollers - the single I have already for walks and trips with just the baby while Toddler is in school (I'm a sahm), and a double for when I have both kids??

Tia!

mha3484

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 5:19 pm
My 3 year old only used it very occasionally and very inconsistently. Mainly on long trips. I bought a tandem where the second seat came on and off and it was great. The few times he needed it we used it but the rest of the time it worked as a single. I had a b-ready for a while and then eventually sold it and got the new uppa baby vista.

gibberish

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 5:21 pm
I would use a buggy/glider board that attaches to the stroller for the 3 yr old

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 5:24 pm
I'm due any day and have a 2 years old (2 and 3 months to be exact ) and I'm not planning on getting a double stroller. I want to get the kiddie board that has a seat and I will be able to strap up my toddler.
Right now I'm a lot in and out of the car and don't even use my single stroller for my toddler.
Once kids are back in school I will have to go out every day to pick up one child from school. It's about a 15 mins walk. I'm sure I'll manage with a single and kiddie board.
I will do most of my errands and walking when toddler is in playgroup anyways

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 5:25 pm
I think getting the board for the toddler to stand on sounds like a good idea. I have a Greco Modes Click Connect stroller which doesn't have a board to purchase specifically for this stroller. Are there "universal" boards that will fit on any stroller?

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 5:25 pm
I am putting my 18 mo old in the stroller, and carrying the newborn in a sling.

The 3 (almost 4) walks, but when he gets tired I sometimes just jam both toddlers in the stroller - it's usually not for long.

We actually do have a double, but it's harder to push - I'd rather stick with the jogging stroller and carry the baby.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 5:29 pm
amother wrote:
I'm due any day and have a 2 years old (2 and 3 months to be exact ) and I'm not planning on getting a double stroller. I want to get the kiddie board that has a seat and I will be able to strap up my toddler.
Right now I'm a lot in and out of the car and don't even use my single stroller for my toddler.
Once kids are back in school I will have to go out every day to pick up one child from school. It's about a 15 mins walk. I'm sure I'll manage with a single and kiddie board.
I will do most of my errands and walking when toddler is in playgroup anyways

I'm very happy with a double stroller for my baby and 2 year old. She still sits a fair bit.

For a three year old you should be good with a sit and stand.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 5:40 pm
Cerulean - What is a "kiddie board"? Does it attach to most strollers or just one specific brand?

Can anyone suggest a board for the toddler to sit/stand on that would attach to a single Greco stroller?

spring13

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 7:52 pm
Tandem (front-back) is good for a big age difference because then you don't have all the weight to one side. Consider a sit-n-stand stroller like a Joovy Caboose - you can use a carseat on the front for the baby until s/he is able to use the actual seat (which does recline, just not all the way), and your older one will have the option of sitting on the back seat or standing. You can even get an actual seat to attach so both kids can sit (or it can be used as an actual double for future kids). I recommend Joovy specifically because other sit n stands (like Baby Trend) are enormous and not fun to push. Joovy takes the clunk factor down. I hate clunkiness.

Another option is a Kinderwagon Hop or Jump. Again, you'd use it with a carseat for the little one, but the older one could sit/stand easily, and again they're not enormous.

If you want/need something with all-terrain wheels, look at the Mountain Buggy +1.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics