Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Rehovot?

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Sep 02 2016, 1:07 pm
Wondering if people can help me out choose a community to live in Israel.

We're modern orthodox looking to live in a mixed area with Israelis and some Americans as well. We're also sepharadic (so looking for Ashkenazi AND sepharadic shuls). Does anyone know how's it in Rehovot? how are the schools? (looking at elementary schools). the people? the jobs? (the commute to tel aviv?).

If you have any other suggestions for communities..let me know. It doesn't have to be a big city, but preferably somewhere not too far away from the center (not far from tel aviv, but not too close either). Also, a bit quieter environment, so doesn't have to be a big city.

boysrus

Post Fri, Sep 02 2016, 1:14 pm
Another community fo r you to look into is Modiin, it sounds like it might work for you

essie14

Post Mon, Sep 05 2016, 6:49 am
Rehovot sounds like it would fit a lot of your criteria.
This is an excellent resource
http://www.nbn.org.il/aliyahpe.....ovot/
Contact the community contacts listed.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Sep 05 2016, 2:39 pm
amother wrote:
Wondering if people can help me out choose a community to live in Israel.

We're modern orthodox looking to live in a mixed area with Israelis and some Americans as well. We're also sepharadic (so looking for Ashkenazi AND sepharadic shuls).

Rehovot has many, many shuls - MO and others, Ashkenazi and Sephardi. It is certainly mixed - an Israeli majority but a significant number of Americans.
Quote:

Does anyone know how's it in Rehovot? how are the schools? (looking at elementary schools).

There are 3-4 Mamlachti Dati elementary schools and also Noam (separate boys and girls, stronger religiously). I don't know more details since I'm not MO.

Quote:
the people?

Rehovot is well known for how everyone gets on with each other. Also, even though it's a city with all amenities, it has a slower feel than bigger cities like Tel Aviv and Yerushalayim.
Quote:

the jobs? (the commute to tel aviv?).

There is a science park in Rehovot with many hi-tech jobs. What field(s) are you looking in? There is a fast train service to TA. Many buses to other areas.

Quote:
If you have any other suggestions for communities..let me know. It doesn't have to be a big city, but preferably somewhere not too far away from the center (not far from tel aviv, but not too close either). Also, a bit quieter environment, so doesn't have to be a big city.

SG18

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 3:15 pm
Hi! Bringing this post to 2021. My husband and I are new olim, and are looking into different areas.
Which neighborhoods in Rehovot might be good for a Chardal/Dati couple with a baby?
We'd like a Moroccan minyan, if possible.
Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions