Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Pediatrician in Chicago

twogees

Post Fri, Sep 02 2016, 5:32 pm
Can someone recommended a really good pediatric Dr in Chicago? Looking for someone whom will spend time listening to me and WILL NOT rush thru just because he wants to finish up with the other patients in the office.

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Sep 02 2016, 6:08 pm
Dr. Steven Goldberg (NorthShore University medical system). Main office is in Skokie on Woods Drive; also has office in Lincolnwood on Pratt & McCormick. He's the best!

baschabad

Post Sat, Sep 03 2016, 9:51 pm
Our family sees Dr Nadim Ilbawi at the Northshore Lincolnwood office. He's not a pediatrician, he's a family doctor who sees patients of all ages and I like his ability to look at things holistically. He's a great person and genuinely likes the kids.

He followed up repeatedly when my kids had poison ivy to make sure they were ok. Highly recommend him.

mha3484

Post Sat, Sep 03 2016, 10:15 pm
Does your child have state ins (allkids) or private? I use kids first and like some parts and dislike others. They don't take new patients with all kids anymore. Other practices people use are town and country ( walkable from parts of West Rogers Park) kids health partners (Skokie) Chicago area pediatricians (Evanston) and north suburban pediatrics (Evanston) Northshore is a large system I find people either love it or hate it.

amother
Peach

Post Sat, Sep 03 2016, 10:18 pm
mha3484 wrote:
Does your child have state ins (allkids) or private? I use kids first and like some parts and dislike others. They don't take new patients with all kids anymore. Other practices people use are town and country ( walkable from parts of West Rogers Park) kids health partners (Skokie) Chicago area pediatricians (Evanston). Northshore is a large system I find people either love it or hate it.

I switched out of all kids, but I was told the same thing about them when I moved to Chicago (that they don't take new all kids patients) and they did take us on without any issues .

I use Chicago area pediatrics. They have pros and cons compared to kids first .

amother
Denim

Post Sat, Sep 03 2016, 10:24 pm
We're on all kids and we were accepted as new patients. We love kids first! Dr aronson is great!! Def takes time to listen to whatever u have to say.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sat, Sep 03 2016, 10:32 pm
Don't know what practice he's part of or if he still practices when I was growing up we used swislow he was great Very Happy

mha3484

Post Sat, Sep 03 2016, 10:41 pm
I might be a little neurotic but I would only use a ped that has privileges at luries or Lutheran. Those are the two main children's hospitals that people use in the area.

amother
Ruby

Post Sat, Sep 03 2016, 11:28 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I might be a little neurotic but I would only use a ped that has privileges at luries or Lutheran. Those are the two main children's hospitals that people use in the area.

I hear your point. Which pediatricians do?
I use Swislow and I'm very happy with him and the practice however they're part of Northshore and therefore have no connection with any children's hospitals.

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 9:12 am
I and a few people I know have been very happy with Evanston's pediatric wing (but not for anything super serious that I know of but ppl do go there for more serious things). Its not like northshore doesn't service children tho Luries etc does it exclusively.

twogees

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 9:36 am
So, I am actually moving in today to Chicago...haven't gone to do my insurance yet...any recommendations on that as well? Looks like bcbs blue ppo is the most common or am I wrong about that?

twogees

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 9:41 am
I am looking for a hospital like long island Jewish medical center.....if anyone came from NY and knows of the comparisons (asides from a Jewish hospital) please let me know.

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 9:54 am
twogees wrote:
So, I am actually moving in today to Chicago...haven't gone to do my insurance yet...any recommendations on that as well? Looks like bcbs blue ppo is the most common or am I wrong about that?
are you getting thru a job? Or thru mediciad/all kids?
If thru a job it will be whatever insurance they offer. And then youll have to call offices to see if they accept it.
If its thru all kids there are no ppos on all kids. They have various plans that you can pick but every Dr only takes specific ones. So you'd have to find out which insurance the Dr you want takes and which hospital that insurance covers cause they each cover specific ones. I would also contact the Chicago center for Torah and chesed they know which ones are better (there's two or three they recommend and none are bcbs)

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 10:00 am
Third option is if you make to much for medicaid and don't have thru your job you can contact an insurance broker (there's a few can giver referalls) and they can help you find a plan thru the marketplace or private. (Moving is a qualifying even to get during non open enrollment)

Also about hospitals.... What was it that you like about that hospital. Ppl who don't know NY/long island may be able to make referalls based on the things you like.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 10:21 am
twogees wrote:

That's the plan I have and its accepted everywhere with no issues. My plan also works out of state so I get full coverage of I were to see a doctor in a different city.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics