Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Healthy Filling Meals (Many restrictions)

israelgirl

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 11:44 am
Please help!

I need ideas/recipes for breakfast lunch and supper with the following restrictions:

No flour of any kind, grains, quinoa, buckwheat, rice, white potatoes etc.
No sugar, sugar substitutes, honey or any kind of sweetners
No legumes, lentils or beans other than green beans.
No dairy or soy

So basically, proteins, vegetables, fruits, nuts and any unprocessed and completely natural other ingredients.

Any ideas??? Please!!

Thanks!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 12:12 pm
Mushroom stuffed omelets, banana pancakes, shakshuka, egg muffins, vegetable frittata

Pan seared tilapia, sole wrapped salmon, garlic baked salmon, crispy rainbow trout, I

Grilled chicken, steak salad, schwarma chicken skewers, rotisserie style sticky chicken, Greek garlic chicken, Italian Primavera chicken, schnitzel dredged in toasted seasoned ground almonds, kefta ground meat kebabs, shish kebabs, burgers sandwiched between roasted eggplant slices, if you can have sesame seeds then esame chicken

Cauliflower "rice", zucchini "spaghetti" salad, butternut squash fries, tri color veggie fries, cauliflower puree, roasted broccoli, cauliflower popcorn, carrot fries, sautéed zucchini

israelgirl

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 12:22 pm
I don't think I can make shakshuka because the sauce isn't natural/has sugar.

How do I make egg muffins and vegetable frittata?
Also-crispy rainbow trout? What makes it crispy?

Would love the recipe to all those chickens!! What are kefta ground meat kebabs? Sesame chicken (my recipe-has sugar.)

How do I make all of this?? Cauliflower rice, zucchini spaghetti salad? what does cauliflower puree taste like (what do you eat it with?

Great options!!! Whoa I thought I'm going to be having fruit for breakfast and eggs for lunch and salads for dinner! Thank you!!

westchestermom

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 12:36 pm
Instead of using jarred tomato sauce just use crushed tomatoes for your shakshuka and season it yourself. Egg muffins/frittata are just beaten eggs mixed with whatever vegetables you like and baked.

Cauliflower can be steamed and then pureed and it will be just like mashed potatoes, or if you just mash it with a fork it looks like rice. You need a spiralizer tool to make the zucchini into noodles, but alternatively just buy a spaghetti squash and shred it with a fork after you bake it in the oven and that looks like pasta too.

When I was trying harder to be healthy, I would make for dinner meat + salad or green veg + squash/sweet potato or corn as a substitute for unhealthy carbs. I'm not sure if you can have corn, is that considered a grain?

trixx

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 12:47 pm
So basically a real pesach diet (without using anything processed, gebrokts or kitnius) like lubavitch eats

PassionFruit

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 1:14 pm
I am on a similar diet. For breakfast we just discovered this:
toast 2 oz oatmeal in a pot with a tiny bit of oil. Put it in a food processor with 2 oz dates or prunes, and 2 oz of any type of nut. It should make a thick paste, and you can add a bit of water if necessary. Form into small balls and put in a toothpick in each one. I was shocked that my kids really liked this!
if you cant have the oats, leave that out. im sure it will be stickier but prob will work--just add more nuts until it is thick enough.

I always have a big pot of vegetable soup in the fridge to get my veggie potions in at lunch and dinner, and make a new type of soup when I run out.

Proteins: salmon, tuna, chicken cutlets, chicken on the bone, chicken salad, soy patties, peanut (or other nut) butter (sometimes I make peanut sauce for stir fry to get that protein)

It's really not so bad, once you get in to it. I find it takes about a month to get used to this type of eating, and by then your cravings for other things stop.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 2:23 pm
israelgirl wrote:
I don't think I can make shakshuka because the sauce isn't natural/has sugar.

How do I make egg muffins and vegetable frittata?
Also-crispy rainbow trout? What makes it crispy?

Would love the recipe to all those chickens!! What are kefta ground meat kebabs? Sesame chicken (my recipe-has sugar.)

How do I make all of this?? Cauliflower rice, zucchini spaghetti salad? what does cauliflower puree taste like (what do you eat it with?

Great options!!! Whoa I thought I'm going to be having fruit for breakfast and eggs for lunch and salads for dinner! Thank you!!

A lot of good ideas here. Skip over the dairy suggestions. Look our for cauliflower rice, zucchini spaghetti salad, kefta beef kebabs, sesame chicken, burgers, grilled chicken, sticky chicken, shish kebabs.
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....art=0

Shakshuka can be made with your own natural homemade sauce made with sautéed onion and garlic, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, seasoned to taste and simmer for 25 minutes before adding eggs.

Egg Muffins
Grease muffin tins with oil. Add sliced/chopped vegetables and pour seasoned beaten eggs on top. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

Vegetable Frittata
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....19114
You can pour it into a greased 9" round pan and bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes, until set.

Crispy Rainbow Trout
http://www.joyofkosher.com/rec.....rout/

Cauliflower Purée
Kind of like mashed potatoes. Steam cauliflower. Purée in food processor along with roasted garlic and season to taste. Add earth balance if allowed.

Steak Salad
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....light

Schwarma Chicken Skewers
Cut dark chicken cutlets into 3 strips. Marinate for 2 hours or overnight in a mixture of lots of schwarma spice, crushed garlic, salt and olive oil. Thread onto skewers. Lay on a cookie sheet and bake at 425 for 25 minutes.

Greek Garlic Chicken
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....99904

Italian Primavera Chicken
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....avera

Make your own Italian dressing:

1/4 cup wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil 
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 teaspoon ground mustard 
1/2 teaspoon dried basil 
1 teaspoon salt or to taste

Place in covered jar and shake before using. 

Schnitzel
Toast ground almonds in a hot pan for 2-3 minutes while seasoning with salt, onion, garlic, paprika to taste. Use as crumbs for schnitzel.

Buy new spices like chili powder, smoked paprika, smoked garlic powder to amp up flavors.

israelgirl

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 6:38 pm
Wow RA Mom,, you are amazing thank you so much for all of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

And everyone else-thanks as well! I'm getting excited now with all this diversity!

cbg

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 6:54 pm
I discovered this by accident.

Zucchini wraps.
Shredded zucchini
Egg
Salt and pepper to taste.

Spread flat on parchment and bake.

Use this as wraps.

I made mine like rectangles instead of circles.

They freeze great.

Fill with tuna, egg salad, chicken salad, veggies, turkey (deli meat).
Sloppy joe style meat.

Are you allowed fruit. You can use fruit to make sweet sauces. Soak dried apricots and blend with a little of the soaking juice.
Puréed frozen blueberries also work.

If you are looking for dessert ideas,google raw vegan desserts.
Some ask for agave, but I've left it out and it was ok.
Things like chocolate mousse pie.
Very yummy, and so nutritious you could technically eat it for breakfast.
The crust is made from walnuts (you can use any nut) and dates.
The mousse is avocado, cocoa and dates or bananas.
All made in the food processor.

You can also make key lime pie, substitute lime juice for the cocoa.

There are many Paleo recipes for carrot cake, zucchini brownies, and others

As far as sweetners. I don't know your situation, but ask if you can use something called Yacon syrup.

myself

Post Mon, Sep 05 2016, 6:10 am
cbg wrote:
As far as sweetners. I don't know your situation, but ask if you can use something called Yacon syrup.

I'm on a similar diet and use Xylitol.

Israelgirl, once you get the hang of it it's totally doable! Been doing it for almost a year now. Great ideas on this thread!

rowo

Post Mon, Sep 05 2016, 6:55 am
Look up againstallgrain.com
Elanaspantry.com

There are so many other websites and resources. Sounds like you are doing paleo whole 30, there are many many recipes out there.

When you go shopping for fruit and vegetables buy a bunch of different fresh herbs, they are a great way to add flavour without sweetness.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics