Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Wet looking spots after I iron????

cookiewriter

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 6:02 pm
I don't u set stand why this happens. Can someone PLEASE enlighten me. Very often when I (ok my cleaning lady) irons, there are wet looking spots on the clothes and they never come out-- literally looks like something is wet but it's dry to the touch. They weren't oil or food stains. They come from either the dryer or the iron I don't know which and the clothes are ruined. Only happens with light colored stuff like a light grey shirt or light blue. Why is this happening and what can I do to prevent or treat!!?
Thank y'all in advance!!!! LOL

zaq

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 7:19 pm
Hard to say. Could be that your dryer is leaking machine lubricant that is getting onto the clothes being dried. Not likely to be from the iron itself as irons don't have moving parts requiring lubrication. Could also be something colorless that is splashing onto the clothes while worn, and the heat from either the dryer or the iron is setting and developing the stain the way the heat from a candle or light bulb turns lemon juice used as "invisible ink" brown. If the spots are random and not in a pattern matching the steam holes on the soleplate, then it's not from metal leaching into water left standing in the iron.

Was the iron used for something unorthodox like sealing wax paper or melting candles? Or did someone leave a candle or something in a pocket of clothes dried in the dryer? There may be residue left in the machine or on the iron which is transferring to the clothes.

cookiewriter

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 7:35 pm
Hmmm none sound RIght
It also happened to me in mountains
Dif machines etc

cm

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 7:44 pm
Could be residue from dryer sheets.

Or from ironing on an excessively high temp, especially for synthetics.

Usually a good idea to use a press cloth or at least press on the wrong side.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry