Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Why does my 7 year old constantly have headaches?
1  2  Next

clowny

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 8:48 pm
My 7 year old daughter is constantly complaining about headaches. A few months ago I took her to the doc,he did some bloodwork to rule some things including lyme and bh everything came back normal. I already checked her eyesight, I make sure she drinks enough.

Two nights In the past week she woke up during the night complaining, and thats really concerning me.

Im going to take her to the doc tom again, he might wanna do a scan, in the meantime before thinking of the worse, what else could this possibly be? what else can trigger these headaches?

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 8:50 pm
Could be sinus headaches
Does she get enough sleep?
Did you rule out strept?

Riki12345

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 8:51 pm
Does she have a lot of screen time? Computers, game boys, iPads all give me headaches if I don't turn down the brightness.

momx6

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 8:54 pm
Did you check her vision?

clowny

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 8:58 pm
amother wrote:
Could be sinus headaches
Does she get enough sleep?
Did you rule out strept?

she does have strept frequently but thats always with a sore throat, and shes complaining for a while already and in the meantime she had had several strept already which was treated. Also, doc ruled that out too.

Sinus? I didnt think about that, but im sure doc would
And she gets enough sleep, close to 12 hours a night.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 8:58 pm
Food or other type of sensitivity? My husband gets really bad headaches from eating MSG.

clowny

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 9:00 pm
Riki12345, I dont think thats the issue.
momx6, yes, I wrote that in my initial post..I took her to the eye doc already.

Thanks for your replies

esther11

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 9:29 pm
I know you said you had her vision tested, but what abt her oculomotor control?
Around the eye there are many muscles, and like all other muscles there could be weakness etc. With this her vision would be fine, but she would need to work way harder to do things like visually track, scan, or visually accommodate (focus on something far and then something near), etc. That could potentially cause headaches or migraines.

Good luck! IyH it will go away soon!

clowny

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 9:39 pm
esther11 wrote:
I know you said you had her vision tested, but what abt her oculomotor control?
Around the eye there are many muscles, and like all other muscles there could be weakness etc. With this her vision would be fine, but she would need to work way harder to do things like visually track, scan, or visually accommodate (focus on something far and then something near), etc. That could potentially cause headaches or migraines.

Good luck! IyH it will go away soon!

She had a thorough eye exam, not just vision so Im sure he checked for everything. I also mentioned to him that she is suffering from headaches. After finishing the exam he told me that everything looks good and he doesnt think that the headaches are anything related to the eyes and thats not whats triggering it.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 9:39 pm
Dd also has headaches. I never found the reason. When she eats right and gets enough sleep it doesn't happen often. It somehow started and with time it got better. I have the feeling it was some kind of a virus and she is building the immune system against it over the years but I don't really know what is it.
I took her to a lot of tests including MRI and nothing was found.

clowny

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 9:40 pm
amother wrote:
Dd also has headaches. I never found the reason. When she eats right and gets enough sleep it doesn't happen often. It somehow started and with time it got better. I have the feeling it was some kind of a virus and she is building the immune system against it over the years but I don't really know what is it.

Did you ever mention it to the doc?

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 9:43 pm
clowny wrote:
Did you ever mention it to the doc?

I took her to a lot of tests including MRI and nothing was found.
I mentioned it to the doctor but he didn't take me seriously. I took her to a Lyme disease test and to an autoimmune specislist. Nothing was found.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 9:44 pm
Just today I was told by an HK practitioner, who I've found to be accurate in the past, that my preschooler's headaches may be caused by a vitamin B deficiency. Upon her recommendation, I got Premier Max B-ND - a liquid form of vitamin B, and started giving half the recommended dose today. It's too soon to know if this will solve the issue, but just sharing my experience in case it's helpful. (Interestingly enough, my child has slow-growing and poor quality hair and turns out that Biotin, a vitamin of the B complex, is actually recommended for improving hair quality, so she may really be onto something...)

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 9:44 pm
amother wrote:
Food or other type of sensitivity? My husband gets really bad headaches from eating MSG.

MSG can cause headaches Does she eat supersnacks? Or any flavored chips? Deli meat? Hot dogs? Etc.

anonymrs

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 10:19 pm
Sorry to go back to a point already mentioned but her eyes may be healthy and she can have 20/20 vision but still be suffering from an eye-related problem. My sister suffered for over 10 years until my parents were referred to an eye doctor for vision therapy. Her eye muscles weren't working properly and causing her severe headaches. Have you explored something like this?

sourstix

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 10:35 pm
this doesnt relate to op but the headache part. I thought of a million things when I was getting severe migraines. and noone was able to help me. until I realized it was the bc I was using. I had to get off of it. it made my life miserable. for years and years. and I had kids in between using it. I didnt have many choices until I just gave in and stopped using that form. its a lot better. op it could be a lot of things. is she an anxious type? is it all day or jsut certain times of the day? what part of the head. a migraine is usually one side and severe enought that it causes nausea. it builds up and becomes worse over time. some people have an aura. does she have any of that? is it her whole head? also could it be she is anxious about something? school? listen to her. see if anything is bothering her.

some people get headaches from msg.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 10:40 pm
I would book an appointment with a neurologist.
Keep a food sleep and headache diary, so you can bring it with you.

On a side note, I have stomach issues. (Needed treatment from gi Doctor) whenever I had a stomach flare up, I felt it as a sever headache.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 11:28 pm
Like others said- it can be sinus
It cAn also be migranes
It can be allergies

amother
Red

Post Mon, Sep 05 2016, 12:10 am
Stress?
Not eating enough?
Not drinking?

LittleDucky

Post Mon, Sep 05 2016, 12:38 am
TMJ? Have you taken her to a dentist? Does she ever feel a pop in her mouth when chewing? I had a friend with it and it gave her jaw pain and headaches...
Dental issues can sometimes cause the may facial nerves to flare up and cause pain. Someone told me she knows she needs a root canal when she gets a certain nerve pain going up the side of her head.

Maybe an ear infection?

Refuah shelaima! Please let us know how she is doing!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics