Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Golf ball lump next to dd bellybutton
1  2  Next

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 7:56 pm
I just noticed my 10 yr old dd has what looks and feels like a hard golf ball lump next to her belly button. It doesn't hurt her at all. Of course, I'm calling dr Tuesday morn, as I'm sure they're closed tomorrow. I'm so nervous. What could it be?

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 7:58 pm
hernia? But maybe you should go to an urgent care clinic or the er if it's sudden. Sounds like kind of a big deal to me.

imasinger

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 7:58 pm
No clue, but I'd call tomorrow. Many offices have access through answering services, and you could get expert help as to whether to go to the ER or wait.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 8:07 pm
ER? Yikes! My teen dd told me that she noticed the bump/ lump on my younger dd has been there for a little while. It can't wait until Tuesday?!

imasinger

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 8:12 pm
Why not ask an expert? Call! They'll tell you if it can wait.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 8:37 pm
Ok I'll call my pediatricians answering service tomorrow. Can anyone calm me down in the meantime, and give me some ideas of what this might be that wouldn't be bad? I'm so nervous!!

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 8:42 pm
If you google it, you'll see that the most basic response is a hernia though I'm not a doctor and dont want to steer you the wrong way. Just giving you a possibility to hopefully calm your nerves. Hatzlacha! Please update, we'll be thinking of you.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 8:45 pm
Thanx. If it's a hernia, then what? Does that mean surgery?

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 9:16 pm
Can it be pushed back into place? It does sound like a hernia but as long as it's not painful and can be pushed in it's not an emergency. It will most likely require surgery but it's not a major procedure.

strawberry cola

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 11:29 pm
sounds like a hernia. It's quite common

losingweight

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 11:51 pm
If it is a hernia then do the surgery now when she's young. It's very painful during pregnancy.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Sep 05 2016, 8:01 am
My 11 yo has an umbilical hernia. It had not been mentioned since infancy s I thought it closed up. A couple weeks ago he complained his belly button was bothering him and I felt his hernia. We brought him to urgent care. It turned out that his eczema was irritated there and the nerves there made it feel like the pain was inside, but B"H nothing more major than that. They said to give it to 12 to see if the hernia will close up on its own. If it has been there for a while with no pain, it's NOT an emergency. But it should be brought up with your pediatrician to see how long they want to wait on it. Chances are it will need laparoscopic surgery which is relatively minor these days B"H.

greenfire

Post Mon, Sep 05 2016, 8:42 am
a hernia can be an emergency ... it is the intestines coming out a hole in the stomach lining & choking it from proper oxygen and can also block the bowels ... both which are life threatening if not taken care of

what to do in the interim is massage the area in a circular motion and see if you can push the bulge back inside ... this can allow for swelling to go down and then surgery in a less emergent process

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Sep 05 2016, 5:47 pm
Thanx everyone. I called my pediatrician this morning. The office was closed. She also said maybe it's a hernia, and told me to bring my dd in tomorrow so she can examine her. She got me nervous, when she asked me what time I could bring her in. I asked her if 10am would work. She said that they'll squeeze her in then. So nervous!!

strawberry cola

Post Mon, Sep 05 2016, 8:27 pm
Sweetie, she is going to be fine! You have a pediatrician who is a mentsch, that's all! She would have sent yu to the emergency room if she thought she needed to. Post your joy-of-relief good news tomorrow, and b'ezras Hashem, we, your imamother friends will drink l'chayim with you. Looking forward!

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Sep 06 2016, 3:40 pm
Thank you so much everyone. BH so happy to report that the lump totally disappeared and ar the dr office she didn't feel a thing. She said that hopefully it won't return, but just in case it does, she gave me a prescription for an ultrasound.

strawberry cola

Post Tue, Sep 06 2016, 4:05 pm
Baruch Hashem. May Hashem bless you and all of Klal Yisrael with abundant good news and good health always.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Sep 06 2016, 4:13 pm
Baruch hashem! Thanks for the update

imasinger

Post Tue, Sep 06 2016, 5:42 pm
B"H! May you continue to hear good news.

lucky14

Post Tue, Sep 06 2016, 7:31 pm
glad to hear everything is ok!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics