Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Baby saved after being left in car
1  2  3  4  Next

sourstix

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 7:02 pm
ww.theyeshivaworld.com/news/headlines-breaking-stories/457571/rabbi-weisberg-thanks-good-samaritan-who-broke-car-window-to-save-lakewood-baby-left-inside.html

now this one has a happy ending. I dont know who these people are. bh the baby is doing good. its so scary to think this could happen to anyone. why isnt it mandatory to have something strapped to the infant seat that if there is a baby inside and the front door opens then they should get a signal just like they have for seat belts? common this should be installed for anyone who just would spend a couple of bucks. this is a must. there has got to be a system. one death too many

Mevater

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 7:46 pm
THIS WAS NOT FORGETFULNESS! She intended on leaving the baby in the car, if all the news sources have the story right. It bothers me that this woman was released, despite her KNOWING she left the baby in the car. I wonder if this had happened with people of another race, if that woman's kids would be returned to her.

Optione

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 7:55 pm
Mevater wrote:
THIS WAS NOT FORGETFULNESS! She intended on leaving the baby in the car, if all the news sources have the story right. It bothers me that this woman was released, despite her KNOWING she left the baby in the car. I wonder if this had happened with people of another race, if that woman's kids would be returned to her.

Where does it say she intended on leaving the baby in the car?

sky

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 8:08 pm
Where did it say that. I don't even think APP said that - and they for sure would.

After reading this article I would never judge someone for leaving a baby in a car, unless it was on purpose.

https://www.washingtonpost.com......html

Mevater

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 9:10 pm
sky wrote:
Where did it say that. I don't even think APP said that - and they for sure would.

After reading this article I would never judge someone for leaving a baby in a car, unless it was on purpose.

https://www.washingtonpost.com......html

Person who rescued baby said mother should plead guilty. Seems they have evidence that she left the baby in the parking lot, knowingly.

mochacoffee

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 9:18 pm
In a few articles I read it said she was shopping with her two other children and when she exited the store it seemed like she knew the baby was in the car.

Nikki

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 9:28 pm
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new......html

Vosizneias also wrote that it was on purpose and in one of the comments someone wrote that she said baby was sleeping and she didn't want to wake up the baby.

In her defense not that I agree with her it was 80 degrees outside so maybe she didn't realize that a car can get so hot.

But I agree she shouldn't have been released and the baby shouldn't have been given to the husband either.

gp2.0

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 9:43 pm
sourstix wrote:
ww.theyeshivaworld.com/news/headlines-breaking-stories/457571/rabbi-weisberg-thanks-good-samaritan-who-broke-car-window-to-save-lakewood-baby-left-inside.html

now this one has a happy ending. I dont know who these people are. bh the baby is doing good. its so scary to think this could happen to anyone. why isnt it mandatory to have something strapped to the infant seat that if there is a baby inside and the front door opens then they should get a signal just like they have for seat belts? common this should be installed for anyone who just would spend a couple of bucks. this is a must. there has got to be a system. one death too many

This needs its own thread.

Laiya

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 9:45 pm
There are many details in the story that we are relying on for accuracy because the person who saved the baby made those statements.

The truth is that the only way we can know if the mother left the baby intentionally or not, is if the mother herself makes a statement.

Based on the details of the articles, it sounds like she exited the store and immediately called out for her baby when she saw the police.

This statement does not mean that it was intentional. It's still possible that she DID forget the baby, and only remembered when she saw the police.

It's also possible that she didn't call out for the baby at all. Just because the witness told the journalist that she called out, doesn't actually mean that she did.

Also, just because one of the witnesses told the journalist that it was 40 minutes, doesn't mean that it was, in fact 40 minutes.

Meanwhile, the court didn't seem overly concerned about this woman's ability to parent, as she was released to go home to the baby.

rachaelle

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 9:52 pm
It seems that she knowingly left the baby in the car. The story says that when she exited the store she saw her car with the window broken and the empty car seat and she said "where's my baby?". Not "oh my gosh I forgot I left the baby in the car- now where is she??" More like "I know I left her there, why isn't she there?"

The baby should not have gone home with the husband.

Such a horrifying story Sad Sad Sad

sky

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 10:15 pm
I don't know the details of the story and have no clue why I'm defending the women but:
- Never believe any comment you read on a news blog
- No one can predict how anyone would react realizing they forgot their child. I don't think saying "Wheres my baby" is so crazy for someone to say when they've realized they forgot their child and the car window is broken. I'm imagining a shrill scream.

While its possible she did do it on purpose I can't believe she would do something just because an anonymous persons says so on a news blog or you determine that from her first statement without having actually been involved. Its so easy to take a baby that age out of the car in a car seat without waking them - it would be absolutely stupid not to.

ETA: I read the dailymail link (its not the most reliable source) and while the rescuer does say she should plead guilty, no where does it say in the article it was on purpose.

Last edited by sky on Wed, Aug 31 2016, 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

mfb

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 10:19 pm
rachaelle wrote:
It seems that she knowingly left the baby in the car. The story says that when she exited the store she saw her car with the window broken and the empty car seat and she said "where's my baby?". Not "oh my gosh I forgot I left the baby in the car- now where is she??" More like "I know I left her there, why isn't she there?"

The baby should not have gone home with the husband.

Such a horrifying story Sad Sad Sad

Maybe she had suddenly remembered that she left her baby and was coming back to get her and then found cops and saw her baby wasn't in the car so she asked where she was!!
We have to be dan l'kaf z'chus!!!

jewishmom5

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 10:42 pm
I'm completely horrified and speechless by the some of the posts on this thread. I can guarantee you that the mother did NOT leave the baby intentionally. Which Jewish mother can do such a thing? It's amazing how false rumors spread so quickly and how easily people actually believe things they read on social media. I'm truly disgusted by things people said here. People should start verifying rumors before you spread it further on social media. It's also amazing how a person can say one thing and someone else twists it around to mean something completely different.

Maya

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 10:48 pm
jewishmom5 wrote:
I'm completely horrified and speechless by the some of the posts on this thread. I can guarantee you that the mother did NOT leave the baby intentionally. Which Jewish mother can do such a thing? It's amazing how false rumors spread so quickly and how easily people actually believe things they read on social media. I'm truly disgusted by things people said here. People should start verifying rumors before you spread it further on social media. It's also amazing how a person can say one thing and someone else twists it around to mean something completely different.

You can guarantee it just because she is Jewish. So that means there are no crazy, reckless, lazy or irresponsible people in the Jewish faith?

jewishmom5

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 10:56 pm
Would it help u if I say I know who the family is?

greenfire

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 10:58 pm
Maya wrote:
You can guarantee it just because she is Jewish. So that means there are no crazy, reckless, lazy or irresponsible people in the Jewish faith?

correct

there are also no jewish molesters, jewish abusers, or jewish schools that don't accept innocent jewish children

Maya

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 11:01 pm
greenfire wrote:
correct

there are also no jewish molesters, jewish abusers, or jewish schools that don't accept innocent jewish children

Also no gay Jews.

Maya

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 11:02 pm
jewishmom5 wrote:

No. That's what all the neighbors of criminals and molesters say, too.

Mevater

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 11:06 pm
jewishmom5 wrote:

You have to be kidding! Are you for real?

Im not comparing what this mother did or didnt do, intentionally or not intentionally, to molesters, at all, because its two different types of wrongdoing, but some of the worst serial child molesters in the frum community, came from the nicest most choshuv families, with the best reputations!

Saying someone comes from a very good family doesnt guarantee anything! It only means they observed good smart responsible people, not that they are equally good smart or responsible.

Some apples DO fall far from the tree! Sorry to burst your bubble.

Nikki

Post Wed, Aug 31 2016, 11:58 pm
The mother said that the baby was sleeping so she left her in the car. And woman all the time leave children in the car. I just don't think that the mother realized that a car gets so hot because I don't think she intentionally tried to kill her baby.

Also when the man got the baby out the baby was in the car for forty minutes then he called the police and waited for the mother so if the baby would not have been found she would have chv's been left in the car for an hour. I'm sure the mother thought it would be a ten minute stop and it ended up being an hour.

I'm sure the mother didn't realize how time flies.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics