Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Motivation

Tefila

Post Sun, Jul 17 2005, 1:38 pm
How does one after getting inspirational and motivated stay that way? Confused Since I lose it shortly after Rolling Eyes

Tefila

Post Sun, Jul 17 2005, 1:42 pm
I mean I have all these grandiose ideas on how to change myself the world etc after reading, hearing learning this inspirational stuff. But after awhile realize I can just about deal w/h one day at a time doing just basics embarrassed

Motek

Post Sun, Jul 17 2005, 1:50 pm
ha'maase hu ha'ikar - if you don't translate the inspiration into action, forget about it!

included in action is telling others about your inspiration, repeating an inspiring story or vort

hisorerus

Post Sun, Jul 17 2005, 2:18 pm
I had a friend who used to say- "When you're inspired, inspire someone else!" Hopefully they'll pass it on too and it will come back to you...

queen

Post Sun, Jul 17 2005, 3:12 pm
in order to STAY inspired you must act on it. Make a SMALL change in your life due to it......

Tefila

Post Sun, Jul 17 2005, 11:12 pm
MY problem ( not issue Twisted Evil ) isn't so much translating it into action but it's keeping it that way and keeping the momentum going all the time, and not allow any negative forces to say oh I can't I have other things to do. So my question to all u physycologists out there is how Speechless

Motek

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 6:34 pm
You might want to set a time limit on it, like you're going to do whatever it is for the next week, month, 6 months, whatever and then reassess the situation at that point. That could hep keep you going, knowing it's not a committment forever and ever.

RedVines

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 9:18 pm
That is it exactly, Whenever I make a new hachlata I always pace myself, a year or even 6 mos. is too long. I usually do rosh chodesh to rosh chodesh, and I ask my husband to help me, I.e sefirah, it was so hard for me at night when I was already about to go to sleep my DH would wake me up and make me count and not too push it off.

Motek

Post Sun, Jul 24 2005, 5:27 pm
there's a related thread in the Judaism section called Hachlatos:

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....52577

Rivka

Post Mon, Jul 25 2005, 3:47 pm
Does the saying "it's the thought that counts" count here??? Tongue Out

Tefila

Post Sun, May 14 2006, 3:46 am
Quote:
Does the saying "it's the thought that counts" count here???

LOL
If that counted at all times in all situations why bother doing anything Confused
Am I the only one out there who has these grandiose short term though goals, before I have to force myself to try yet again...... thios applys to almost anything Sad

tzivi

Post Sun, May 14 2006, 3:55 am
Quote:
I had a friend who used to say- "When you're inspired, inspire someone else!" Hopefully they'll pass it on too and it will come back to you...

I second that totally!!

Every time I tell a friend about something that I am motivated about, they always ask me several months later how that particular thing is going. I hope to be able to give them a positive answer! Very Happy

shalhevet

Post Sun, May 14 2006, 3:57 am
I have heard in the name of important rabbonim that when a person is inspired they should take on themselves something small for a short period of time. E.g. you want to improve in tefilla - decide to concentrate on the first bracha of shmona esrei for the next week. You want to work on anger - decide that you won't get angry at your children between 4 and 5 till Rosh Chodesh. If you hear/read something inspiring and you don't translate it immediately into action it will be lost.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics