Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Tichel fabric

nia73

Post Tue, Sep 06 2016, 1:42 am
Hey ladies, it seems that I get so much dandruff because I wear tichels 24/7. I know that it is chumrah and you can remove at home but kvod holiness of the kids, I cover. At any rate, being in hot & humid weather causes so much more dandruff.

I have long and VERY thick, kinky hair and was told that it causes my scalp not to breathe and encourage dandruff (essentially a naturally occuring fungus) to over grow.

Any tips? Fabrics I should look into as now most are polyester & not good for breathability.

TIA

dee's mommy

Post Tue, Sep 06 2016, 1:56 am
Try cotton, or jersey, both very comfortable. For a really luxurious option, try silk.

Tel Tzion Ima

Post Tue, Sep 06 2016, 1:56 am
Can't comment on fabrics, but when I lived in more humid places, I found frequent hair washing and investing in better quality anti-dandruff shampoo did the trick.

water_bear88

Post Tue, Sep 06 2016, 4:14 am
Natural fibers, like cotton, linen, or silk. I'd save silk for cold weather, though, as it tends to trap heat.
If it's hard to find all-cotton or all-linen tichels where you are, it shouldn't be too hard to make a simple square one. Just figure out what size it needs to be from ones you already own, and find a lightweight cotton knit at a fabric store. (You could use a woven but it will need hemming.)

nia73

Post Tue, Sep 06 2016, 7:32 am
Thanks ladies. Will do some searching 😀

oliviablond

Post Fri, Sep 09 2016, 8:38 am
When it came to dandruff, this best anti dandruff shampoo for women were absolutely helpful for me! Btw, I massaged a couple of drops of tea tree oil into my scalp. And, would you believe it, it worked! Good luck, friend!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels