Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Yeshiva high school

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Sep 06 2016, 10:40 am
hi,
I am looking for a very very strict and structured Yeshiva high school dorm ideally Chafetz Chaim style, to send my DS going into 11th grade. It can be anywhere. MY son tests limits and thrives on strictness and structure.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Sep 06 2016, 10:44 am
What about....Chofetz Chaim?

issuer123

Post Tue, Sep 06 2016, 12:00 pm
which. one is very strict? the ones I know don't want to deal with kids who tests boundaries they want the best kids that are easy.

momto2

Post Tue, Sep 06 2016, 12:25 pm
I know someone who just sent her son to Chofetz Chaim in Dallas, sounds like it might be good for your son.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Sep 06 2016, 2:15 pm
WITS, St. Louis

issuer123

Post Tue, Sep 06 2016, 4:51 pm
I will check both of the schools out. if anyone has any more info for me please let me know. There are some non jewish schools that have that where its very structured with enough faculty members to handle, control and protect the kids I was wondering if there is a frum place like that.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Sep 06 2016, 7:38 pm
OP, I'm really sorry. I thought you said that you wanted a place that doesn't deal with such kids. Try Waterbury. If it's not a good fit I think that the staff will be very helpful and leave you with a good taste. Hatzlacha!

issuer123

Post Tue, Sep 06 2016, 9:07 pm
Waterbury boys have different issues. some do drugs, some aren't religious. These are different issues. I am looking for a strong educational program both in gemara and in English subjects with very strict mentorship. Waterbury is more of a safe haven for kids with issues which is really great that it exists.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 8:19 am
amother wrote:
St. Louis

My ds is here and in 11th grade. I know they are very strict with their rules, but they also know that they're dealing with teenage boys. I can't tell if they specifically know how to deal with certain problems, but I do know that while they're very strict with their rules, they know when to give a little leeway and when not to or so it seems to me.

cookiecutter

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 8:26 am
Ner Israel in Baltimore.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics