Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
BabyZen YoYo/Mountain Buggy Nano/other recommendations

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Sep 07 2016, 9:03 am
My current stroller is half broken and very difficult to maneuver. I am in the market for a quality stroller that wheels easily. I dislike the Bugaboo Bee as I feel that it's an overpriced umbrella stroller and don't actually notice that the quality is good, despite all the hype. I don't drive so I need something sturdy. I do hope to purchase something like an Uppababy in a few months after I give birth iyh (open to suggestions!) but need something right now. Or should I consider the good old Maclaren? I'm in BP where people are very fashion conscious, so will probably not consider Gracos , Jeeps, etc. as I want something somewhat stylish so I can fit in.

gold21

Post Wed, Sep 07 2016, 9:13 am
The strollers I see are pretty much Citi Mini or UPPAbaby (Vista or Cruz)

You can buy Citi Mini for cheap on Amazon
You can buy UPPAbaby secondhand on Craigslist

Tekky

Post Wed, Sep 07 2016, 9:22 am
It would be a pity to spend on a good umbrella stroller and then spend again on an uppababy. What would work best for you is a compact, full-featured stroller, like the Uppababy Cruz, Mamas & Papas Sola2, etc. If you go that route now, then you'll save yourself from buying a $200+ lightweight stroller that you'll find little use for once you own the better stroller.
That's my opinion.
The newer lightweight strollers are awesome for traveling and in-and-out of the car, but if you plan on using it daily for shopping, etc, then you will find the small wheels and small basket to be really really annoying.

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Sep 07 2016, 9:57 am
Walmart has the Mountain Buggy Nano on sale today for $149. I am wondering how it compares to the YoYo. Like I said, I don't have a car and my strollers take a lot of abuse and go up and down stairs pretty often. I figured I would get a great quality umbrella stroller for traveling and then a better stroller for everyday use later on. I currently own the Joovy Ultra Light and it did not last more than a year. I think I paid $139 for it. I want something that will last at least a couple of years. I previously owned a (secondhand) Bugaboo Cameleon and was not happy with it. I ended up selling it.

Tekky

Post Wed, Sep 07 2016, 10:05 am
The benefit of the Nano over the YoYo (assuming you'll look for the older model YoYo to save money) is that the Nano is car seat compatible. Otherwise, everything about the YoYo is superior - the push, the seat, the fold, etc.

misteray

Post Wed, Sep 07 2016, 10:06 am
I love my valco snap for my car stroller, but it's great for pushing on sidewalk too, especially if you get the air tires. But price is a bit higher than nano.

monseymom25

Post Wed, Sep 07 2016, 12:16 pm
I bought the nano from Kohls but I returned it because when the hood is not open it is right up against the handlebar, so it's quite uncomfortable.

busy mommy

Post Wed, Sep 07 2016, 1:55 pm
mountain buggy nano is on sale from Walmart!

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Sep 07 2016, 2:59 pm
busy mommy wrote:
mountain buggy nano is on sale from Walmart!

That's what I posted! See above. And that is why I'm considering purchasing it now, or debating if I should splurge for the YoYo..m

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Dec 14 2016, 11:57 pm
Amother what did you decide to do?

amother
Olive

Post Sat, Dec 17 2016, 11:50 pm
amother wrote:
Walmart has the Mountain Buggy Nano on sale today for $149. I am wondering how it compares to the YoYo. Like I said, I don't have a car and my strollers take a lot of abuse and go up and down stairs pretty often. I figured I would get a great quality umbrella stroller for traveling and then a better stroller for everyday use later on. I currently own the Joovy Ultra Light and it did not last more than a year. I think I paid $139 for it. I want something that will last at least a couple of years. I previously owned a (secondhand) Bugaboo Cameleon and was not happy with it. I ended up selling it.

I'm curious, why didn't you like your bugaboo chameleon?

twogees

Post Sun, Dec 18 2016, 12:20 am
Dont know if you need a double or not but I have a double city mini I may be looking to get rid of due to space...

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Dec 18 2016, 12:23 am
I have the nano and I am am really enjoying it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics