Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Stores charging money to pay with a rep?

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Sep 07 2016, 10:41 pm
I see the new in is for phone services I.e. Family Mobile, Metro PCS, charge you $5 to call and pay on the phone.
First question, is this even legal?
It seems like it should not be.

Second question, I cancelled my line with family Mobile and switched to another provider because their service stunk. They automatically cancelled my online account as soon as I ported my number so I can't pay online. I tried to go in person to the Walmart store to pay but they were unable to do it.
So now they are saying I owe them money, which I do , but they are refusing to let me pay in any way other than with an extra $5 fee.
Do I have to accept that?
Or can I just say too bad, I will dispute the fee , since there is no other payment option .

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 12:24 am
Yes I believe it's legal. I even remember an energy company charging for paying over the phone with a credit card instead of through their online service.
Here is some information I Googled
http://www.creditcards.com/cre.....0.php

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 12:56 am
Customer service reps cost a company money. They want to discourage you from using people so they can hire fewer of them. Sure it's annoying, but totally legit. Sorry.

oliveoil

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 6:25 am
Is there a reason you can't do it online?

I'm with MetroPCS and they do charge $5 extra to pay the bill in the store, but I do it in 30 seconds online, which is easier for me and for them.

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 2:37 pm
I cancelled my service with them and I need to pay my last bill.
As soon as I ported my number, they stopped allowing me to access to my online account so I have no other way of paying.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 2:51 pm
Can you mail in a check?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics