Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
What sweet/ funny things your child says?
1  2  3  4  Next

chay

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 12:48 pm
B"H

My sister asked my 3yr old "why do ppl have braces?" "Cuz that's how Hashem made them!"
My friends child asked her "is Hashem's first name Baruch?"

It's lines like these that keep me sane...

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 12:57 pm
I asked my daughter her dolls name
"He didn't have a Bris yet"
Very Happy

flowerpower

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 2:46 pm
My preschooler has very funny expressions. Last night she didn't like the mixed vegetables in her rice so she asked me to remove the "rainbow stuff".

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 2:53 pm
these have me rolling. Thank Goodness for these cutie pies.

DD (3.5) was dressed up for school and she says "ta, look at me, I'm a principal" she meant to say princess. LOL

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 2:53 pm
"Hashem told me I don't have to listen to mommy"

Teomima

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 2:55 pm
You ladies will appreciate this one. My daughter once told me, "Ima, I know why we call it Friday. Because you have to cook for Shabbat, so you FRY on FRIday!"

seeker

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 3:18 pm
My kids have been counting down to school orientation this week. Until today if you asked my pre-k what's happening tomorrow she said "organitation." But now she already learned how to say it right. Is it wrong of me to want to keep my baby a little longer?

LisaS

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 3:21 pm
I pruned the willow tree for the first time. My four year old saw it and said
סוף סוף עשית לו חלקה
(translation: finally, he got an upsherin)

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 3:38 pm
Why do you have all those red dots on your face? Is it connected to your thyroid problem or your digestion problems? (he is five)

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 3:52 pm
My four year old dd: "Do you know why Tatties don't nurse their babies? B/c babies wouldn't like all that hair...."

Volunteer

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 7:00 pm
On shavuot we didn't get a minyan one day because many people were on vacation. My 1.5 yo. Was lookingforward to seeing them read from the Torah, and when tefila ended without it, he got all disappointed, and was clutching his stuffed torah, chanting, "Real Torah! Real Torah! " The rabbi heard me trying to console him, and he took out the Torah for him (he needed to roll it anyway). It made his day. It was so sweet.

esther11

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 7:10 pm
My 2 year old was insisting on calling our hammer a hamburger

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 7:15 pm
"Even though you have pimples, you're really not Vashti. Right, Mommy??"

daagahminayin

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 7:18 pm
Yesterday my babysitter warned me that my kids had drawn on the couch. This conversation happened with my 3 year old daughter today:

DD: Mummy, we're not going to tell you what we did to the couch because then you'll be upset!"

Me: Um... did you draw on it?

DD: No - don't think!!!

Beingreal

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 7:48 pm
My 4 and a half year old stopped walking with me on day and put his arms around me and said" Mommy, you are the bestest in the whole world!" I felt a million dollars!

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 7:53 pm
Our almost 2 year old pointed to a freckle on my husband's arm, and excitedly shouted, "chocolate!!"

Just today he said to me, "I like you." I said, "what did you say?" Then he said, "I love you!"

Tzutzie

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 8:05 pm
3 yo was playing with the legos on the floor. 18 mo started hanging onto her neck and then tried to climb up her back and over her head.... like a little monkey.
3 yo: "Hey! I'm not a monkey bar!

18 mo isn't verbal but she does say stuff like "yay", "wow"..... and "uh-ooooh" when stuff falls down or something malfunctions or gets ruined/broken. So earlier today she fell off a chair she had climbed onto. I ran to check why she's crying so hysterically. After she calmed down a little she points at herself and in a crying voice says "uh-ooooh".

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 8:11 pm
Me: This house is such a balagan!

DD3: In gan it's a balagan. At home it's a balabayit.

Other DD4, after throwing out her paci and regretting it after a few days: Ima I decided I really need my paci after all. Can you go to the store and get a new one?

Me: You're really doing great without it. Are you sure you don't want to hang in there? I think you'll be so proud of yourself if you don't use a paci anymore.

DD: No I won't. I really need one. Can you get me one?

Me: Let me think about it and I'll let you know.

DD: Ok. [stands still and looks expectantly at me for about 10 seconds] Are you a fast thinker?

Me: No, I'm a really slow thinker.

DD: Darn.

(I didn't get her a new paci bc I knew she was ready and just needed to get over that hump, which she did.)

freedomseek

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 8:14 pm
I told my 2.5 yr old to hurry in a public restroom because people are waiting outside.
"I'm a person too so I can be here"
She taught me something!!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 8:17 pm
Blanklet
Bwanket

Oddviously!

Bolfiding Doors
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics