Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Disabling trackpad

seeker

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 10:49 pm
Yes, I tried google but it's not helping so far. I'm hoping maybe someone here can help me troubleshoot.

I'm using a laptop that is new to me but quite used. While I type the cursor jumps around and sometimes deletes chunks of what I've written. It's getting annoying.

The trackpad doesn't work on a functional level (it can still make the pointer jiggle just a little, and the physical buttons work if the pointer happens to be in the right place), I'm using a usb mouse. My theory is that the thing that doesn't work as a mouse is the phantom causing all this trouble.

I tried going into control panel and opening mouse settings. I see what I imagine must be the trackpad. But there is no option to disable it. I do see an option to uninstall the driver. Not sure if that would help but I tried it. It said I'd need to restart the computer for the change to take effect. So I did. And after the restart, the trackpad was still doing the same as before, and in the settings it still had the option to uninstall.

I need to do a LOOOOOOT of typing and the jumping around is a pain. Please help!

Notsobusy

Post Fri, Sep 09 2016, 1:46 am
On my laptop you hit the "FN" button and "F9" at the same time. I don't know about your laptop.

seeker

Post Fri, Sep 09 2016, 1:56 am
OK, REALLY odd now - according to the little icons it would seem that fn+f3 should do that but it isn't. All the other fn's do what they say. Seems like I just have a phantom trackpad Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics