Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Yapchik on stovetop?

mommy24

Post Fri, Sep 09 2016, 7:21 am
Is it possible to do on stovetop? I searched old threads and didn't see anything about making it and keeping on blech for shabbos.

I prepared meat and put it in the crock pot and then I started grating potatoes and onions. But I see my crock pot is not even hot inside. So I am stuck and not y are what to do. All ideas and suggestions welcome!

sky

Post Fri, Sep 09 2016, 7:47 am
My grandmother used to make a "polish cholent" - shredded potatoes and meat in a pot on the stove. It was just like a yapchik and delicious but I don't have exact directions. I do know she didn't put in an egg like most yapchik recipes call for.

mommy24

Post Fri, Sep 09 2016, 7:54 am
Thanks sky! I wasn't planning on putting eggs either I was going to follow a recipe posted on another thread with just meat, potatoes, onions. (And oil for the bottom and sides of the crockpot). Do you have any idea how she made it though? Should I just plop it all on stovetop now and then put on blech b4 shabbos? Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics