Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Ear infections, must I see the Dr?

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Sep 11 2016, 11:40 am
My toddler is having ruptured eardrums every few months that is typical for my kids after getting an ear infection. I know the Dr proscribes those ear drops and sometimes oral medication that he tells me is not that important since it can heal with the drops or even itself. Now my kid got a double eardrum rupture and am not that ready to get to the Dr again. Can I treat it alone with my drops I saved of a previous time? Are all you mothers going to the Dr at every ear infection?

imasinger

Post Sun, Sep 11 2016, 11:42 am
It's important to go to the doctor, because you are probably right, but possibly wrong. Also because if the OTC drops don't do the trick, they'll have the full history.

pesek zman

Post Sun, Sep 11 2016, 11:57 am
Yes. I go to the doctor at every ear infection. They are incredibly painful. Ear infections aren't colds, they're uncomfortable and treatable.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Sep 11 2016, 12:04 pm
has your doctor referred you to an ENT? Frequent ear drum rupture is not normal.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Sep 11 2016, 1:15 pm
With one of my other kids the Dr did send me to an ENT that said child should outgrow it by 5 since there wasn't constantly fluid in ears. And the child did. With this child the Dr hasn't talked about ENT yet.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics