Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Health insurance says cancelled. Anyone have this?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Sep 11 2016, 10:55 pm
I have a health insurance plan thru the marketplace. I always paid on time. Never late. Have it for 2 years. I just had a baby and due to some medical issues he has to be tested every few days.
I was looking on my bank account and saw that the insurance didn't take out the money for september. I know I went online to pay it like always. I went online to my insurance and it tells me it's cancelled. I got no messages by phone or email at all. I will call them tomorrow...but anyone have any idea if it would be cancelled for non payment when it's notime even 30 days late?
What other reason would they tell me it's cancelled with NO notice?

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Sep 11 2016, 10:58 pm
I'm in middle of going through the same thing. Do you have Amerihealth NJ? My insurance broker told me I'm not the only client he has with this problem. B"H after three months it looks like it's going to be reinstated, but I still don't know for sure.

mochacoffee

Post Sun, Sep 11 2016, 11:16 pm
Every. Single. Month.

We have insurance through the marketplace for a few years and they cancel it almost every month. One month they decided my husband wasn't a citizen. I called up and said don't you have his social security number? They said yes, they fixed it. The next time was when we moved and I changed my address. They considered it a 'major life change' and cancelled our insurance. I called up and they fixed it. Other times I just get random letters saying it's cancelled. It's extremely annoying. The only thing to do is call and get it back on track. Make sure there are no gaps in your coverage so you don't end up paying if you went to the doctor in those gaps. It's usually their mistake and they always tell me the computer generates the letters without a human overhead.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Sep 11 2016, 11:17 pm
I have empire bluecross. It's weird because if I click my name on the website it says my coverage is active but when I try to pay them either online or by phone it says cancelled. Don't they legally need to let me know if they cancelled it or at least give a grace period ? It's only 10 days into the month....

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Sep 11 2016, 11:20 pm
I will call them but I got no letter in the mail. No message thru their sight. No phone call and no email.

mochacoffee

Post Sun, Sep 11 2016, 11:50 pm
A lot of times I also found discrepancies. I would quote the cancellation letter over the phone and they would say in their system it's showing that it's active. I don't think they have their act together.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 6:40 pm
Op, were you able to resolve this today?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 6:52 pm
Yeah turns out the policy is ending for some reason at the end of this month's and I have to pick a new plan to go on starting next month.
At least I don't have a lapse and they say they will pay out all my claims.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics