Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Am I wrong

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Sep 11 2016, 11:27 pm
So I was speaking to a home bound lady that lives alone with 24/7 care. She was celebrating a big birthday and her kids and spouses were bringing in food to celebrate.
I spoke to her later that day and she said that one dil didnt show up at the end she needed to take care of something. as a side not the dil doesnt come to often to visit but expects her children to visit her.
That on that day I was speaking to the dil she called me about something and it came up that she didnt go because someone in her shul lost a parent so she went to the funeral instead.

Do you think that she should have gone to the funeral or should she have for once gone to her mil to celebrate this big birthday that she has been looking forward to for such a long time which has kept her going?

5mom

Post Sun, Sep 11 2016, 11:50 pm
Even if she was wrong, what would you do about it? For all you know, the older woman made this dil miserable for years, yet she still sends her kids to visit. Or maybe the dil is difficult and self-centered. Either way, you are best off staying out of things.

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 12:04 am
There is a lot you don't know and you should be dan lekaf zechus anyway.

In any case, Torah and halacha spend a lot more time discussing mitzvos shel emes and comforting mourners than celebrating birthday parties. Something to think about.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 12:28 am
Myob...

seeker

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 12:34 am
It's none of your business but she made a perfectly valid choice.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette