Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Something heard once on the news and then never repeated...

pumpkinsbubby

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 4:45 am
Many times, I will turn on the news in the morning or in the evening, and hear something mentioned. Then it is never mentioned again...I listen throughout the day to find out the latest developments, only to be disappointed that there is no follow up...why?
For instance, last evening I heard there was a fatal school bus crash at the Denver airport. The driver was killed and many passengers taken to the hospital. This morning I turned on the radio to find out what the investigations revealed - was the driver on alcohol, was she sick, did she have a heart attack? But it was not even mentioned on the news at all! Why? Did the bus company take it off the news so no one would know they were negligent? Are they still investigating? But it was not even mentioned at all, as if the whole accident never happened. Am I the only one who feels this way? Where can I find out the end of the story?

Talya

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 5:21 am
https://www.google.com/amp/fox...../amp/ google is your friend though not sure what the cause of the accident matters. It happened. The driver is dead. It won't be a learning experience for him.

pumpkinsbubby

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 5:50 am
You are right. It won't be a learning experience for the driver. She is dead. But it MIGHT be a learning experience for the bus company to check more carefully before they hire someone to drive one of their vehicles. Of course, that would depend on what the investigations reveal. If the driver had a heart attack, that's another story.

m in Israel

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 5:53 am
Radio and TV news is not about giving you in depth reporting, in general. They mention headlines and move on. Unless it is something local to you or something really major (like a terrorist attack), you are not going to get more details about a random bus accident across the country. I assume the local Denver stations will be carrying more thorough updates.

If you are interested, as an earlier poster mentioned, google is the way to find out more.

sushi galore

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 6:39 am
When I want more info I always google and it takes you to more leads.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics