Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Baal tefila Rosh hashana

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 9:39 pm
If a man was asked to daven for the minyan during Rosh hashana, what is and is not required of him? My husband goes to the Mikvah before chag. Is this requires? Is he allowed to have relations between the time he goes to the Mikvah and the time that he davening for the Ammud?

If you have a source for me, please share!! (Send me a link or tell me where to look it up).

Thanks.

mo5

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 11:00 pm
Please fix your title!

Many have the minhag not to be intimate on RH night anyhow except for Mikva night.
Re men and Mikva it is minhag (post intimacy it's a stronger min hag called tevilas ezra) and it depends on your circles and the people for whom he being Baal tefilla. (Chassidim have one approach for eg)

Iymnok

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 2:41 am
At the minyan DH davened in, before starting, the Baal tefilla, Baal tokea, Baal koreh and the korei (calls out the tekios) all went to the Mikva.
Nothing to do with intimacy, rather purity on Rosh Hashona.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 6:20 am
mo5 wrote:
Please fix your title!

Many have the minhag not to be intimate on RH night anyhow except for Mikva night.
Re men and Mikva it is minhag (post intimacy it's a stronger min hag called tevilas ezra) and it depends on your circles and the people for whom he being Baal tefilla. (Chassidim have one approach for eg)

How do you want me to fix my title? And I'm asking because that will be Mikvah night for me. Also ttc.

mo5

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 7:48 am
Title is fixed now...

Can't your husband go to the Mikva on RH morning? Mine does (he's the Baal tokea)

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 11:21 am
I didn't change the title so not sure what happened there. And I suppose he could go to the Mikvah rh morning, never thought of that thanks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions