Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Navy Pleated Uniform Skirt with Adjustable Waist

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 8:29 am
I'm looking for a navy pleated skirt with an adjustable waist (elastic and buttons).
We bought one in the junior sizes but looking for one is full girls size. Somewhere between size 10-14 girls, depending on brand.
Does anyone know which uniform store carries this?
Thanks!

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 8:42 am
lands end should. I believe their newer below the knee length is available in navy.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 8:55 am
I believe Gold Label has it. I bought mine at Fraylich, and put in a rubber waistband at the seamstress.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 9:28 am
Thanks! I'll check out landsend.
About fraylich, I bought the junior size 12 there it's the largest little kids size, but they said the regular kids sizes were not available with adjustable waist.
DD would probably be a 10 in regular kids sizes.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 9:52 am
amother wrote:
I believe Gold Label has it. I bought mine at Fraylich, and put in a rubber waistband at the seamstress.

It was NOT rubber.
But inserting buttonhole elastic is a good affordable solution.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 9:56 am
I got one for my daughter at Freilich it was in Lakewood though. They said it was a new thing this year. I got her a size 7

Simplemom

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 10:56 am
How much are the skirts and jumpers at Fraylichs? I was thinking to go there for uniforms but I was wondering the price range.

spring13

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 11:01 am
I got a couple of French Toast brand ones from Amazon, they seem decent but I haven't used them long.

https://www.amazon.com/French-.....skirt

observer

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 12:12 pm
BY Styles skirts are like that. If your local stores don't carry them, you can buy them online through their website. bystyles.com

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 10:26 pm
Thanks all!
Adding buttonhole elastic is not affordable as it adds $15 to the cost of the skirt. That could make one skirt $55.
(Junior sizes cost $36 at Fraylich, Children's sizes cost $40 but don't have adjustable elastic waist.)
Previously we bought $18 skirts at a cheaper store and bought new ones as necessary but we have a hard time trying them on and finding the right fit as each piece is different, even from same company and same size. And sometimes we don't find enough pieces of the one that fits. We couldn't go through that this year.
I wish I didn't have to order through landsend. Sizing is so finicky with dd and I need a store to shop in person.
When we bought the Fraylich skirt the saleswoman fit her in the junior size 10 but I asked for a junior size 12 so there would be room to pull some of the elastic. Good thing I only bought one to try first because the junior size 12 (that's as high as the junior sizes go - the children's size 10 is actually larger than junior 12) is more just than we thought previously and there's no room to grow. We need a larger size but it's important to have the adjustable waist. Last year we had to replace the new skirt halfway through the year. BH!

momsrus

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 12:40 am
Next direct has navy pleated skirts with adjustable waist. They have a longer length style.

http://il.nextdirect.com/en/g53586s8#395607

greenfire

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 9:01 am
http://www.joann.com/black-5-8.....97293

buy this & I'll fix the skirts for you ... all you need is an extra button & some thread for each skirt ... I can't find navy - but they have white & black

greenfire

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 9:39 am
http://www.engelicuniforms.com.....wool/

this company seems to sell a nice variety of lengths and materials ... it might even be right in your neck of the woods [still no button elastic - but again I could put that in for a song & a dance]

Mommy F.

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 11:15 pm
Thanks for all this info!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries