Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
ISO classy MO communities
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 8:38 am
Dh and myself are trying to research MO communities that have an upper class feel to them. We dont want anything extremely expensive either.
Links to Facebook pages, websites etc would be useful!
Tia!

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 8:41 am
Could you please explain what you mean? Upper class in that they are physically pretty? Do you want everyone to be rich? Could you please give an example of the kind of community you want?

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 8:45 am
There's one in Paris 16th district but it's absolutely out of reach.
My parents live in something more affordable, MO, pish posh, near Disneyland, about 30 kms from Paris.

cm

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 8:51 am
In the US?

What region?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 8:55 am
Paris sounds cool but we're in the US.
No, I dont mean that everyone's rich. I mean that they're classy people. Middle/upper class professionals.
Im looking for a stylish neighborhood.

Lani22

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 9:00 am
The upper west side of Manhattan

pesek zman

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 9:07 am
Upper West Side, Riverdale and the North Jersey (Bergen county) suburbs are full of middle class working professionals

Not sure this is what you mean by classy

DrMom

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 9:28 am
Money can't buy class. Just sayin'...

sweetpotato

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 9:41 am
Can you give more details about what you are looking for? Do you want a suburban community? House, apartment? How big of house? What can you afford? How many schools and what type of schools? Do you want to be in a city? Do you have young kids or older kids? Do you need all types of schools within close proximity?

Honestly, I haven't been to many MO communities that aren't largely made up of families who are of the professional class. I am MO and in some ways I consider it a flaw of being modern orthodox because the community can be very homogenous in terms of income/educational level, which I think is isolating in its own way. So just saying you want an MO community with mostly professional class people doesn't limit the options very much.

essie14

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 10:55 am
Stamford, CT ?

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 11:01 am
I'm MO and trying to figure out what "classy" is code for here, lol.

spring13

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 11:04 am
Boston area suburbs (Sharon, Newton) are probably the kind of thing you're thinking of, but they're very expensive. Maybe some Long Island towns? Hollywood, Florida?

browser

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 11:40 am
Teaneck

JoyInTheMorning

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 2:09 pm
I don't know anybody MO who uses the word "classy" in that way.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 2:10 pm
amother wrote:
Paris sounds cool but we're in the US.
No, I dont mean that everyone's rich. I mean that they're classy people. Middle/upper class professionals.
Im looking for a stylish neighborhood.

I think OP means snobby people who can look down on others who aren't wearing designer gear?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 2:25 pm
I dont mean snobby and I dont mean rich thanks for all the helpful suggestions!

Shoshie

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 3:29 pm
Boca Raton.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 4:06 pm
Dodge blue amother, in the magazine spread that you posted, the person on the right is labeled as a tramp -- I think; I can't read text that small -- because she is wearing underwear that is visible, and in addition, reveals too much. That's not relevant to MO women; none would dress that way.

The other things that the magazine points to -- she is wearing pajamas and a messy bun and is unorganized -- to my mind don't indicate that she is a tramp. Is that what you would call un-classy? Do you seriously think there is a community of people out there who always send their people to the airport looking put together? Is that what you're after?

I don't call that viewpoint classy; I call it shallow. When a woman works her fingers to the bone so she can send her kids to Jewish schools, she might not arrive at the airport looking like a fashion plate. So what.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 4:14 pm
I think we are all very confused by your question. I think sweet potato explained why your criteria doesn't seem very limiting.

water_bear88

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 4:14 pm
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
Dodge blue amother, in the magazine spread that you posted, the person on the right is labeled as a tramp -- I think; I can't read text that small -- because she is wearing underwear that is visible, and in addition, reveals too much. That's not relevant to MO women; none would dress that way.

The other things that the magazine points to -- she is wearing pajamas and a messy bun and is unorganized -- to my mind don't indicate that she is a tramp. Is that what you would call un-classy? Do you seriously think there is a community of people out there who always send their people to the airport looking put together? Is that what you're after?

I don't call that viewpoint classy; I call it shallow. When a woman works her fingers to the bone so she can send her kids to Jewish schools, she might not arrive at the airport looking like a fashion plate. So what.

This!
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating