Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
No makeup...ever?
1  2  3  4  5  Next

MitzadSheini

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 6:33 pm
Anyone else just not wear make up, like ever?

The only time I would wear is to a super special occasion such as a wedding, but it's very rare (2 or 3 times a year). I'm quite sensory and hate the feel of it, so I just don't.

Every time I read a Shabbos mikvah makeup thread I'm glad of it. Other big advantage - saves time AND money.

Anyone else???

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 6:36 pm
I don't wear makeup either. Maybe some mascara and lip gloss for an extra special occasion. I don't like to feel painted. I admire those who put the time and effort into it, but its not for me.

twogees

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 6:37 pm
I rarely wear makeup-these days (since my son was born) I dont have the time other than for simchos...

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 6:38 pm
Yep. My skin is nice, so I have no interest in caking product on it, my time is limited, and this is not how I want to spend it, I spend less money, and I hope to project to my children that I find my beauty and worth in other places. I also happen to like the way I look without it.

I'm not criticizing those who do wear it. Just explaining why I don't.

cm

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 6:47 pm
Bleah. I can't recall the last time I wore makeup.

Miri7

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 6:48 pm
I do wear some makeup - mascara and lib balm, maybe lip gloss if I'm feeling fancy. But that's it. I've only worn foundation, blush and powder for my wedding and my sister's wedding.

ETA - I'm closer to 40 years old than 35...

Last edited by Miri7 on Thu, Sep 15 2016, 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 6:49 pm
I also don't wear make up. I'm sensory and can't stand it. I don't even wear it to simchas, except for siblings weddings because my mom won't leave me alone otherwise. I have great skin, and I don't know if I have a pretty face (well, DH says so, but that doesn't make it objectively so), but it's certainly not bad looking.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 6:50 pm
I'm sure lots of women wear little to no makeup most of the time. It's not a crime, any more than always wearing flats is a crime. Neither is wearing subtle makeup that fills in what Mother Nature withheld.

hazelnut

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 6:52 pm
Props to all of you, I find that admirable. To each their own. But at the same time...Whaaaaaaaat? Life without makeup?! . I love you ,my dear makeup. I find it enjoyable to spruce myself up every morning . Its one of my favorite parts of my hectic morning routine. And my kids come and talk to me and play with q tips and hair clips while I put it on.

tichellady

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 6:52 pm
I wear very little. As a kid, I loved the idea of makeup but as an adult, I really don't love wearing It.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 7:01 pm
http://phoebebakerhyde.com/

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 7:17 pm
hazelnut wrote:
Props to all of you, I find that admirable. To each their own. But at the same time...Whaaaaaaaat? Life without makeup?! . I love you ,my dear makeup. I find it enjoyable to spruce myself up every morning . Its one of my favorite parts of my hectic morning routine. And my kids come and talk to me and play with q tips and hair clips while I put it on.

No makeup doesn't mean I don't spruce up. I dress very well, do my tichels in interesting ways or style my sheital well. I accessorize with jewelry and belts and bags. I just don't wear makeup.

yogabird

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 7:17 pm
I wish I had the type of skin that didn't need makeup.

Stars

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 7:44 pm
I wear makeup about four or five times a year. Ditto to heals.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 7:57 pm
yogabird wrote:
I wish I had the type of skin that didn't need makeup.

It's almost a self-fulfilling prophecy - the more you put gunk on your skin, the worse your face can get and the more make up you think you need.

Dare to go bare!

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 7:58 pm
amother wrote:
Anyone else just not wear make up, like ever?

The only time I would wear is to a super special occasion such as a wedding, but it's very rare (2 or 3 times a year). I'm quite sensory and hate the feel of it, so I just don't.

Every time I read a Shabbos mikvah makeup thread I'm glad of it. Other big advantage - saves time AND money.

Anyone else???

I think women with little or no make up look far better than those who put heavy make-up on.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 8:04 pm
If I looked as good without makeup as I did with it, I wouldn't wear it. But doing some mascara makes my eyes look bigger and shapes it out, and blush adds some color and tinted moisturizer just evens out my skin and makes it look smooth and flawless

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 8:12 pm
No makeup on a regular day. Eye shadow and lip gloss for special occasions. Full face only for my wedding, my siblings weddings etc.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 8:12 pm
Blue, you are wrong about that. Maybe you have great skin, but my skin is red and blotchy. I used to have acne which doesn't go away when you "go bare".

I have horrible skin which is why I wear concealed but I hate having to wear makeup .

. I go bare every shavbos and yom tov in addition to any days I have off from work, I don't go out when I don't wear makeup only parshas zachor..

. I am embarrassed on Shabbat because everyone else seems to have good skin without makeup. I have horrible skin. So I "dared to go bare" and my skin looked horrible.

. if someone has a cheap sheitel then its hard to "spruce up" in that way.

boysrus

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 11:45 pm
so you see OP you are not alone. there are others like you out there ! Smile
the only make up I ever wear is eye liner, and thats not every day either. I dont think I even look that nice with make up
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics