Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
No makeup...ever?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 11:13 am
shacn wrote:
I won't leave mt house without mascara and eyeliner Smile but I'm not into the face powders and cakey look wither. On Shabbos ill wear lipstick or if I feel like it another day. For weddings and fancy events - full face of make up, I love it and truly believes it enhances features!

Putting on lipstick without any eye makeup (liner) to balance it doesn't work for me.

sequoia

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 12:00 pm
I don't wear makeup. One of my neighbors doesn't wear it, either; the other wears a full face every day to work. I can't imagine waking up half an hour earlier.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 12:10 pm
sequoia wrote:
I don't wear makeup. One of my neighbors doesn't wear it, either; the other wears a full face every day to work. I can't imagine waking up half an hour earlier.

Me neither.
All I do is rub some foundation across my nose and upper cheeks under the eyes, where I'm a bit ruddy, put on lipstick, eye liner, blush, then the sealant for the lipstick. I don't think it takes more than 60 seconds. I'll time it some time.

ETA: over 35

Last edited by PinkFridge on Thu, Sep 15 2016, 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 12:12 pm
amother wrote:
Anyone else just not wear make up, like ever?

The only time I would wear is to a super special occasion such as a wedding, but it's very rare (2 or 3 times a year). I'm quite sensory and hate the feel of it, so I just don't.

Every time I read a Shabbos mikvah makeup thread I'm glad of it. Other big advantage - saves time AND money.

Anyone else???

I don't own any makeup. The last time I wore makeup was at my sister in laws wedding, maybe 3 years ago? And the last time before that was atMY wedding- 7 years before my sister in law. It's a big treat for my daughter when my parents come, because my mother always gives her some light makeup- blush, powder....
Like you, I HATE the way it feels in my face. I hate the way ANYTHING feels on my face.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 12:16 pm
heidi wrote:
Seriously asking-- how many of you who said they wear no make up are over 35?

I'm 34, will be 35 in les than 6 months.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 12:20 pm
amother wrote:
Eh, some people don't mind looking ugly. But don't convince yourselves that no one can tell.

And I care because.....? I don't dress for other people, except my husband. I don't care what other people think I look like. And thank you for the insult, without even knowing who I am. If you are going to insult an entire group of people, at least do it under your own screen name.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 1:37 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Me neither.
All I do is rub some foundation across my nose and upper cheeks under the eyes, where I'm a bit ruddy, put on lipstick, eye liner, blush, then the sealant for the lipstick. I don't think it takes more than 60 seconds. I'll time it some time.

ETA: over 35

let's see..foundation, blush,eye liner and lipstick...I wouldn't exactly call that "no makeup".

L25

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 1:48 pm
I think pinkfridge was referring to the 1/2 hr part of the post Wink

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 2:21 pm
heidi wrote:
Seriously asking-- how many of you who said they wear no make up are over 35?

I am quite a bit over 35. When I was in my teens I wore loads of make up because I was insecure and erroneously thought I was ugly. I wear the odd bit of eyeliner now and then but haven't worn foundation or anything else on my face since my teens and don't intend to start now. I don't wear lipstick much as my DH doesn't like it and doesn't like to kiss me when I wear it! I'll take kissing DH any day over looking acceptable to the other women in my community.

sequoia

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 2:24 pm
Actually my other neighbor (her roommate) is the one who told me it takes her half an hour each morning.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 2:57 pm
amother wrote:
Eh, some people don't mind looking ugly. But don't convince yourselves that no one can tell.

Actually, I don't look ugly without make up, and I am certain many mothers on here don't either. Your comment is uncalled for, rude and incorrect. If people wear make up because they enjoy putting it on so be it. However, I truly feel sorry for people who are so insecure that they think they look ugly unless they wear make up.

What I personally find ugly are women who judge other women by how made up they are. To me, that is true ugliness.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 3:06 pm
amother wrote:
let's see..foundation, blush,eye liner and lipstick...I wouldn't exactly call that "no makeup".

Agreed, I call that quite a lot of make up. The fact you are adept at putting it on quickly doesn't make it a small amount!

cinnabuns

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 3:21 pm
My husband thought that I wasn't wearing makeup on some of our dates, and he's super observant. Meaning that while I sometimes will wear a full face, it's not over the top, just enhancing. But ye, lately all I'm managing is eyeshadow, mascara and lip stick.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 3:59 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
I wear makeup. I enjoy it. I enjoy trying out different products and looks. I enjoy how it makes me look. I don't "cake on" the makeup. Few women do. That's just an offensive stereotype. If I'm rushed, I can put on a full face -- 3 colors of eye shadow, liner, mascara, color corrector, concealer, foundation, blush, brow gel -- in 8 minutes.

Why do you care what other women do? If you don't enjoy makeup, don't wear it. If you enjoy it, go ahead.

I agree wholeheartedly with your last sentiment as it goes both ways. However, re: "offensive stereotype" every time I see a woman with a "full face" I do feel that her make up is caked on. The fact you can put it all on quickly doesn't negate this. I think it's great you enjoy yourself putting on make up, but personally I don't like the look of foundation/color corrector etc on people.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 4:05 pm
amother wrote:
I agree wholeheartedly with your last sentiment as it goes both ways. However, re: "offensive stereotype" every time I see a woman with a "full face" I do feel that her make up is caked on. The fact you can put it all on quickly doesn't negate this. I think it's great you enjoy yourself putting on make up, but personally I don't like the look of foundation/color corrector etc on people.

So, its "rude" and "offensive" for someone to say that they don't like the look of bare-faced women. But its just fine for you to say the same of women who wear makeup? Look in the mirror. The ugliness has nothing to do with the lack of cosmetics.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 4:11 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
So, its "rude" and "offensive" for someone to say that they don't like the look of bare-faced women. But its just fine for you to say the same of women who wear makeup? Look in the mirror. The ugliness has nothing to do with the lack of cosmetics.

The only comment I personally said was "rude" was the one where an amother claimed women without make up are ugly. I never said women with foundation were ugly, I merely said that I personally didn't like the look. Please don't misquote me.

imasinger

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 4:23 pm
You're all beautiful.

Personally, I generally wear makeup only to weddings and other special events. Or if I'm visiting a community where it's the norm, I'll swipe in a few things quickly.

My only concern about makeup is when it takes over someone's life to the point that they are anxious and upset if they don't have it on.

Life's too short to get upset about that.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 5:09 pm
amother wrote:
The only comment I personally said was "rude" was the one where an amother claimed women without make up are ugly. I never said women with foundation were ugly, I merely said that I personally didn't like the look. Please don't misquote me.

I'm not misquoting you. You said -- right where I quoted you -- that "every time I see a woman with a "full face" I do feel that her make up is caked on." -- ie, that every woman who wears cosmetics has it "caked on." Which is clearly an unattractive look.

zoom

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 5:22 pm
amother wrote:
I get tired of people asking if I feel OK and would like to sit down, which is why I wear a modest amount of makeup every day. Just because G-d made me a paleface doesn't mean I have to go around looking like I'm about to faint.

hey! im also really pale and I dont like wearing a full face every day. iv been using 'garnier spray tan' for the face for a few years now and its absolutely briliant. I use the 'light' one and its so natural its fab! it just gives me a bit of a glow and makes your skin look healthy!
I never used to be able to leave th house without foundation and now ido.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 7:21 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
I'm not misquoting you. You said -- right where I quoted you -- that "every time I see a woman with a "full face" I do feel that her make up is caked on." -- ie, that every woman who wears cosmetics has it "caked on." Which is clearly an unattractive look.

Not every woman who wears cosmetics - I personally do wear cosmetics (e.g. eye liner), I just don't wear foundation/tanning/anything else on my face. When I see the foundation look on other people to me it doesn't look good but I used the phrase "caked on" only because you did.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics