Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Newark to Brooklyn

greenfire

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 12:10 am
is there an easy way to get from newark airport to brooklyn via bus and/or train ?

trixx

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 12:33 am
No easy way, but it's doable. Take the airport van shuttle service (like $16, google it, there are a few, all registered) to JFK or LGA, take the subway from there, then you still have to transfer to the Brooklyn subway lines.

Or: get an Uber and pay about 40-50. Lyft is even cheaper and I've just heard of Juno. for new customer there are always promos of 25% off first ride, up to fo $15 off first ride, etc

greenfire

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 12:46 am
$17 - so if it's for two it wouldn't be worth it ... I guess we'll have to figure something else

does uber charge per person ?

greenfire

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 12:50 am
oy I just thought of an insane idea ... driving from cleveland and stopping off at newark airport

maybe I just better go to sleep

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 1:22 am
You can take the NJ transit train from the airport to the subway.

trixx

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 1:59 am
greenfire wrote:
$17 - so if it's for two it wouldn't be worth it ... I guess we'll have to figure something else

does uber charge per person ?

No. You can also choose Uber pool or lyft share where if there's someone nearby who also chose it and you're going to same vicinity, you carpool with them,its cheaper

doctorima

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 10:48 am
Uber doesn't charge per person, but they do have a $20 NJ to NY surcharge that will likely make it more than you're expecting. Lyft may be cheaper, but verify their toll and surcharge policy in advance.

Jeanette

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 10:52 am
greenfire wrote:
is there an easy way to get from newark airport to brooklyn via bus and/or train ?

It's been years since I did it but there are buses from Newark going in to Manhattan and from there you can catch a train to bk.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 11:06 am
Air Train to PATH. PATH to 33rd Street. Subway to Brooklyn.

greenfire

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 1:00 pm
they took the air train to port authority & then the train + bus total of about $32 not to mention 2 1/2 - 3 hours ... wish sonny boy would have stopped there on the way from cleveland ... but oh well they're all here now ... thanx
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries