Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Israel Phone Deals

myname1

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 2:29 am
I was paying 26 NIS per month for a US number and unlimited calls within Israel and abroad with Golan. Now the price went up to 80 NIS per month. Anyone have a cheaper way to do this, or does 80 NIS sound like the best I'll get? Thanks!

essie14

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 5:40 am
I pay 99 for Golan, US number and 10 GB of data. Sounds like you have an amazing deal.

myname1

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 5:55 am
Oh, I guess I forgot to mention it's a kosher phone. So I guess most people's deals for non-kosher wouldn't work anyway. But very good to know, thanks! Anyone know if a landline for the chutz laaretz stuff comes out cheaper?

Teomima

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 7:07 am
I would call Golan and negotiate with them. Be Israeli! The deal you had is 29 for two years then they raise it to 79. Play hardball! Tell them you won't pay the higher amount, you want the cheaper one again. Tell them you'll just leave Golan then rejoin to get the discount again. Phone plans and newspaper subscriptions are two things the consumer has a lot of leeway with. They care more about keeping you as their client than they do the extra fifty a month.

myname1

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 7:48 am
We tried that... it's true, they offered to keep the amount if you pay a 50 NIS fee, but they say they no longer offer an incoming US number, so if we do that, we lose the number. It also looks like that deal now has a limited number of days you call the US in a year, something like 35, according to the new contract we almost signed up for. Anyone know if this is/is not true?

myname1

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 8:16 am
myname1 wrote:
We tried that... it's true, they offered to keep the amount if you pay a 50 NIS fee, but they say they no longer offer an incoming US number, so if we do that, we lose the number. It also looks like that deal now has a limited number of days you call the US in a year, something like 35, according to the new contract we almost signed up for. Anyone know if this is/is not true?

I checked the site now actually (don't know why we didn't think of that before...) and it looks like it's incoming calls from abroad that are limited, not outgoing. So I think we will do that 26 NIS/month plan and look for a different source of a virtual US number. Anyone have any suggestions for that?

israeliMD

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 3:22 pm
I pay 39 through Golan for 6 GB of data and unlimited calls abroad. We use whatsapp and facetime to talk to family in the states since I was tired of paying 99 a month for the US virtual number through Golan. I think 99 is the least you can pay with Golan right now and have a US virtual number.

myname1

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 2:47 am
Okay, thanks everyone. Does anyone have experience with the company Sonetel? It looks like you can get a US number through them for $2 per month, and then pay 3.5 cents per minute to forward to an Israeli mobile phone or pay 1 cent per minute to forward to an Israeli home phone. So I think I'm going to get that, and then call people back when they call from the US, so it shouldn't cost too much more than the $2 fee, and for sure shouldn't add up to the Golan prices.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions