Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Please help me feed my baby
Previous  1  2

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 12:46 pm
Yhanks everyone for all the ideas. I will definitely be using them.

Bh my worrying was just that, worrying. Turns out he gained a pound and stayed the same on the charts. He did drop a ton in height, though . For now , the doctor said he's gaining nicely on my milk. I will continue nursing as much as possible, and eke offering a variety of foods.

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 12:52 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
I've been doing baby jars here and there. Mostly peas and green beans. (I don't want to do fruit because then he'll get used to the sweet and refuse the veggies) he is okay with them, but he will only take a few bites. He loves the puffs and Cheerios! But those aren't meals. I want him to get used to eating real, healthy foods. I have one hold who is an extremely picky eater, and I don't want it to happen again.

Right, I'd heard that too, which is why I always started with veggies, then fruit jars. But by level 2 and 3 the purees often mix fruits and veggies together, which you could try too, my babies like them, and my older kids eat a nice variety of foods. Also if your baby is 1 he can start having whole milk unless your dr says otherwise. Good luck!

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 1:18 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
Right, I'd heard that too, which is why I always started with veggies, then fruit jars. But by level 2 and 3 the purees often mix fruits and veggies together, which you could try too, my babies like them, and my older kids eat a nice variety of foods. Also if your baby is 1 he can start having whole milk unless your dr says otherwise. Good luck!

Thanks!

No milk for now as I am still breast feeding full time.

Coffee Addict

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 1:53 pm
My TOP pediatrician always said I should give the food for the baby 10 times even if he refuses!!

Don't give up!

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 6:17 pm
My babies love chulent! So I serve that to them a lot. (I keep it in fridge till Tuesday Smile ). Vegetables from the chicken soup are great also baked whole sweet potato. I have one kid that didn't like when I smashed up the food (took me awhile till I figured that out!) he kept spitting out the puréed foods till I realized he liked little chunks better to chew with his gums.

pause

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 6:26 pm
I second chicken soup and vegetables (carrots, squash) from the soup. My kids start solids with that. Soft, sweet, and nutritious.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics