Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Whirlwind Brooklyn Trip

Fox

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 9:42 pm
Yes, it's true. I took a few days off from arguing about politics and culture to go to Brooklyn. It wasn't really a business trip, but I visited clients based on whether I found a decent parking spot. Fifteen years ago, I went to Brooklyn at least once a month on business, but I haven't been in . . . I don't know how long.

So here's my run-down for fellow OOTers:

1. Saposh. Totally worth it. I'm a new woman. Oldest DD, Clementine, is a new woman. Sales associate Esti didn't even have to measure me. She took one look and brought the perfect size and pretended not to be appalled by the fact that I was wearing a horrible excuse for a foundation garment from Wal-Mart.

2. That store on the corner of 13th Avenue and 40th that doesn't have a name? It still doesn't have a name, but they still have great stuff. Clementine got three dresses and two skirts. I didn't find anything, but they had lots of great stuff.

3. Elzee's: still the same, but not so many bargains as I remember. Plus, the shells are not a bargain compared to other places. However, I found a trendy black jacket and Clementine found a skirt and jacket.

4. Silver shops are still amazing -- like visiting a museum.

5. Restaurants -- eh? Not sure if the restaurants in Brooklyn have gotten worse or restaurants in Chicago have gotten better. Sorry, NYers. Shallots and Great Chicago rule.

6. You will be shocked to learn that unlike Amazon, shopping in Brooklyn requires bestirring yourself from your computer and actually inspecting the merchandise yourself. In addition, no one puts it in a box and brings it to your door. They actually put it in a bag and expect you to shlep it home yourself. What's up with that?

Anyway, I had a great time. Clementine got some great clothes. And I only got one parking ticket!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries