Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Brooklyn-do you know of a cleaning lady?

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 9:03 am
Mine just quit on me and I could really use your help if you know of anyone. Or if you know of any agencies and their numbers. Thanks!

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 9:07 am
I can use someone great, too.
I have some phone numbers: Soroya Agency 7183365755
Labor to the Rescue 7183363280
Good luck!

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 9:49 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
I can use someone great, too.
I have some phone numbers: Soroya Agency 7183365755
Labor to the Rescue 7183363280
Good luck!

Did you try these agencies?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 10:49 am
Yes, unfortunately I've been calling them almost weekly as I try to find someone I'm happy with Confused . Occasionally, I find someone satisfactory, but after a few weeks she finds a full time position....Soroya almost always has someone to send me.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 11:05 am
So they have someone to send you, youre just not happy?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 11:08 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
So they have someone to send you, youre just not happy?
Correct. Just waiting for the right one to come along...

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 11:11 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Correct. Just waiting for the right one to come along...

What do you look for in a cleaning lady? What kinds of things did you specifically not like in the ones you tried?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 11:51 am
Deleted. Double post.

Last edited by Amelia Bedelia on Fri, Sep 16 2016, 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 11:58 am
One without an attitude. One who actually cleans instead of just swiping a rag across the floor. I'm actually not a very demanding person, but if the floor is still dirty, it's not acceptable. The ideal would be an English speaker, responsible, who knows what needs to be done without being shown, and a mentch, but these are just bonuses. I actually had one yesterday, who seems like a decent person, but worked too quickly to have been thorough. When she finished washing the very dirty kitchen floor, I pointed out spots that were noticeably dirty. She "redid" them, but they were still dirty. The floor wasn't even wet enough to have been clean. Now, I'm not a tough person and usually just ignore things I don't like (or don't call them back next time), but this was unacceptable. She sat down to eat her lunch from home (although I offered her food), and took her time eating, which was totally OK with me, but after finishing from the day at 5 PM (arrived at 9:30 AM), she demanded $100 when the rate is $11/hour plus $5 transportation which should have been about $88. Her reasoning was because she didn't take a half hour lunch break and I didn't have to prepare her food. Now, if she would have been thorough and great, I would have definitely asked her to come again.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 12:17 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
One without an attitude. One who actually cleans instead of just swiping a rag across the floor. I'm actually not a very demanding person, but if the floor is still dirty, it's not acceptable. The ideal would be an English speaker, responsible, who knows what needs to be done without being shown, and a mentch, but these are just bonuses. I actually had one yesterday, who seems like a decent person, but worked too quickly to have been thorough. When she finished washing the very dirty kitchen floor, I pointed out spots that were noticeably dirty. She "redid" them, but they were still dirty. The floor wasn't even wet enough to have been clean. Now, I'm not a tough person and usually just ignore things I don't like (or don't call them back next time), but this was unacceptable. She sat down to eat her lunch from home (although I offered her food), and took her time eating, which was totally OK with me, but after finishing from the day at 5 PM (arrived at 9:30 AM), she demanded $100 when the rate is $11/hour plus $5 transportation which should have been about $88. Her reasoning was because she didn't take a half hour lunch break and I didn't have to prepare her food. Now, if she would have been thorough and great, I would have definitely asked her to come again.

Wow. Your first description is what I just lost , except even 100 times better. Your second description sounds pretty awful. None of the ones I ever had, had such issues. Usually they are so timid, I wish they had a little more attitude. I'm not very picky either. My main issue is if they always cancel, or are stupid. I just can't stand stupid. Other than that, as long as they are not crazy slow, and the house is clean, I'm good.

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 12:27 pm
just had two separately who argued over the previously set hours and payment. so frustrating!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics