Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Sending a letter to Israel with tracking is $60+?

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 5:16 pm
USPS and UPS want $60+ to send a letter to Israel with a tracking number. Any cheaper way?
It is a document so it's just an envelope.
Thanks.

sourstix

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 5:19 pm
oy yes its crazy what they do. but if your sending to israel their mailing system is horrendous. things tatke forever and some get lost. its a crazy story. so much of my family doesnt get stuff. so I gave up. sometimes it does get there like really late. so ups charges crazy amount. can you find someone that is going that would be willing to take it? so many people go for rosh hashana

cm

Post Fri, Sep 16 2016, 5:24 pm
Would Registered Mail be adequate? It is much less costly.
If you need to prove you sent something, there is Proof of Mailing, but there is no tracking once it is mailed.

Tel Tzion Ima

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 4:22 am
Can you fax it instead?

cbg

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 5:20 am
Would Fedex or DHL be cheaper.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 7:50 am
Tel Tzion Ima wrote:
Can you fax it instead?

No. Need the original.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 7:50 am
cbg wrote:
Would Fedex or DHL be cheaper.

Fedex was more expensive.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 8:51 am
cm wrote:
Would Registered Mail be adequate? It is much less costly.
If you need to prove you sent something, there is Proof of Mailing, but there is no tracking once it is mailed.

It's an important document, last time we sent registered mail it took almost 2 months and I was going crazy with nerves.
I don't need 3 day mail like UPS is offering. 1-2 to even 3 weeks is fine. It's not urgent. I just don't feel like paying so much if I can help it.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 8:53 am
sourstix wrote:
oy yes its crazy what they do. but if your sending to israel their mailing system is horrendous. things tatke forever and some get lost. its a crazy story. so much of my family doesnt get stuff. so I gave up. sometimes it does get there like really late. so ups charges crazy amount. can you find someone that is going that would be willing to take it? so many people go for rosh hashana

Sending with someone is an idea.. I just haven't found anyone yet.

tweety1

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 11:39 am
sourstix wrote:

We recently reimbursed from fedex or ups forgot which one. We paid for overnight. Arrival time was supposed to be in the morning and it got there at night. We got our $ back. Over $80.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions