Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
False Fronts by Batya Ruddell

Bundy

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 10:09 am
Hello all!
I'm happy to announce the release of my latest book, False Fronts (originally serialized in Binah).
I haven't read it myself (only written it LOL but I hear it's pretty good. Tongue Out )
Enjoy!!!

losingweight

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 10:30 am
Congratulations!

Can I take this opportunity to tell you how much I'm enjoying your serial Invisible Ties? I can't wait to see how it'll all tie together!

Bundy

Post Sat, Sep 24 2016, 3:08 pm
Thank you, Losing Weight. Smile Smile
I'm trying to "tie" Invisible Ties together - stay tuned. Wave

Reesa

Post Sat, Sep 24 2016, 11:44 pm
I'm also really enjoying invisible ties. You are a really talented writer and I love your style.
When you write a serial do you write the whole story first and then break it up into weekly segments or you originally write it with intention to leave us hanging at specific points?
Also, are you still writing it as it's being published? When you say you are trying to tie it up, does that mean you are still writing it and figuring out the end? How would a magazine agree to publish your story if they don't know in advance that they approve the whole thing?
Do you base your characters or storyline on actual people or stories you know or you completely fabricate each character and plot from thin air?!
I hope I'm not asking too many questions!! I really love your stories and I'm just so curious!!

seeker

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 1:34 am
I lost Invisible Ties over the summer and I'm still curious what ever happened! Sad

Bundy

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 7:59 am
Hi Reesa,
So here's a quick behind the scenes of serial writing (at least it's mine- every writer has his or her style).

I send in a synopsis of my novel with the plot, characters and basic story line. I know the beginning and end but have no idea how to get from one to the other. LOL I let my characters lead me to wherever they want to go. Sometimes I'm surprised myself, where they end up. LOL It's a beautiful, creative process in which you have to "let go" yet still be able to rein your characters in.

I write the serial while it's being published (usually about 7 chapters ahead if I'm a good girl). My characters are a mixture- some are based on aspects of people in real life or totally fictional.

So...are you ready to write yours now? Wink

Reesa

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 8:51 am
Thanks for answering. I'm pretty surprised that it works that way. It must be harder to tie all loose ends together because you can't go back and edit what's been published!

Bundy

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 5:06 pm
Reesa wrote:
Thanks for answering. I'm pretty surprised that it works that way. It must be harder to tie all loose ends together because you can't go back and edit what's been published!

That's the way it works for me but other writers may do it differently. And I keep a large notebook where I write down what happens in each chapter and make a note of issues I need to address. Hopefully, that way, I won't trip over myself. LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room