Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Recipe for ground beef- no sugar
1  2  Next

cnc

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 10:58 am
Does anyone have a meatball recipe or anything with ground beef that is sugar/ carb free?
No ketchup or bar bq sauce etc... or very very small amounts.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 11:17 am
Beef Stroganoff. DH loves this. (Sorry, I don't use exact measurements.)

2 pounds of ground beef
A lot of chopped mushrooms.
A lot of chopped onions.

Sautee all of the above in a bit of olive oil until the mushrooms are reduced, onions are translucent, and the beef is cooked through.

Add one carton of Tofutti parve sour cream.
Paprika, salt, and pepper to taste.

Serve over brown rice noodles or carb free noodles.

It tastes even better the next day as leftovers. Just reheat with a tiny bit of water in the bottom of a sauce pan, and cover to steam it.

cnc

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 11:23 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Beef Stroganoff. DH loves this. (Sorry, I don't use exact measurements.)

2 pounds of ground beef
A lot of chopped mushrooms.
A lot of chopped onions.

Sautee all of the above in a bit of olive oil until the mushrooms are reduced, onions are translucent, and the beef is cooked through.

Add one carton of Tofutti parve sour cream.
Paprika, salt, and pepper to taste.

Serve over brown rice noodles or carb free noodles.

It tastes even better the next day as leftovers. Just reheat with a tiny bit of water in the bottom of a sauce pan, and cover to steam it.

This sounds delicious.
What does the sour cream do to it?
Also, brown rice is out-what are carb free noodles?

Thanks.

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 11:37 am
Are potatoes ok? Sweet potatoes? If so you can do a shepherd's pie.

pesek zman

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 11:48 am
Shepherds pie doesn't have sugar. At least my recupe doesn't (using just a bit of tomato past)

Same for Salisbury steals, hamburgers, pasta in meat sauce, chili etc etc

seeker

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 12:48 pm
I don't even know how to begin responding to this, I NEVER use sugar in meat of any kind.

ez-pass

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 12:56 pm
Mearballs...
Just use no sugar marinara sauce as sauce for it or use tomato sauce spiced with basil and garlic.
I just use meat to make meatballs no fillers
Burgers...u can just use meat and spice when u cook them

I don't use ketchup or bbq sauces with ground meat ever.

cnc

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 1:56 pm
pesek zman wrote:
Shepherds pie doesn't have sugar. At least my recupe doesn't (using just a bit of tomato past)

Same for Salisbury steals, hamburgers, pasta in meat sauce, chili etc etc

Can I have the recipe for Salisbury steak?

Meat sauce usually contains ingredients with sugar . Do you have a recipe that doesn't?

cnc

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 1:59 pm
seeker wrote:
I don't even know how to begin responding to this, I NEVER use sugar in meat of any kind.

Neither do I, which leaves me with extremely limited options. There is sugar hiding in the most unlikeliest places.

Do you ever make any sort of meatballs? Chicken with sauces? Most recipes that I've come across contain ingredients that have sugar components-even if you don't use actual sugar.

I've really gotten an education since I started reading labels very carefully.

cnc

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 2:00 pm
ez-pass wrote:
Mearballs...
Just use no sugar marinara sauce as sauce for it or use tomato sauce spiced with basil and garlic.
I just use meat to make meatballs no fillers
Burgers...u can just use meat and spice when u cook them

I don't use ketchup or bbq sauces with ground meat ever.

What compnay?
I looked for such a thing last week and couldn't find it.

cnc

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 2:01 pm
Rutabaga wrote:
Are potatoes ok? Sweet potatoes? If so you can do a shepherd's pie.

no:(

seeker

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 2:14 pm
cnc wrote:
Neither do I, which leaves me with extremely limited options. There is sugar hiding in the most unlikeliest places.

Do you ever make any sort of meatballs? Chicken with sauces? Most recipes that I've come across contain ingredients that have sugar components-even if you don't use actual sugar.

I've really gotten an education since I started reading labels very carefully.

I make meatballs but I don't put sugar in them and never missed it. I don't use bought sauces except plain tomato sauce (the no salt kind.) I season my foods with spices, herbs, and fresh onion and garlic. Generously. My repertoire got significantly more limited when some food allergies were added to the family but what I do make is tasty enough without sugar.

Raisin

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 2:19 pm
I make shepherds pie with mashed cauliflour, carrots and swedes. (If any of those contain carbs leave them out. Just cook and puree with a stick blender, and stir in lots of sauteed onions and garlic)

For meatballs, use any meatball recipe. Just leave out sugar and breadcrumbs. You can serve with zoodles. (spiralised zuchinni) I always make tomato sauce from scratch and either leave out the sugar or put in a tiny amount if I think it is worth it.

Its very easy to make tomato sauce - buy cans of chopped tomatoes and tomatoe puree. Fry a bunch of onion and garlic. You can add other veggies like carrots, mushrooms and courgettes. once veggies are cooked add in chopped tomatoes and puree.

I often use this recipe. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/2.....alls/ I've left out the breadcrumbs and sugar successfully.

ez-pass

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 2:49 pm
cnc wrote:
What compnay?
I looked for such a thing last week and couldn't fijnd it.

I think liebers and gefen both make it. Those r the only ones I buy.

Carmen Luna

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 3:02 pm
TACOS!
*ground beef
*tacos (I like the soft ones)
*cumin/salt/black pepper/
*onions
*tomatoes
*cilantro
*jalapenos
*maple syrup
*fresh ears of corn

saute the beef together with the above spices, u can add a little tomato sauce as well. make a pico de gallo with the tomatoes, onions and cilantro with a hint of olive oil. then proceed to heat a pan and add maple syrup with a dash of vinegar and fry sliced jalapenos. grill the corn to get it nice and charred and then cut corn off the cob directly on top of the finished taco. Oh, and make sure to heat the tacos directly over a fire before putting in the fillings.

cnc

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 3:09 pm
seeker wrote:
I make meatballs but I don't put sugar in them and never missed it. I don't use bought sauces except plain tomato sauce (the no salt kind.) I season my foods with spices, herbs, and fresh onion and garlic. Generously. My repertoire got significantly more limited when some food allergies were added to the family but what I do make is tasty enough without sugar.

Any specific recommendations?
Thanks!

cnc

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 3:11 pm
Carmen Luna wrote:
TACOS!
*ground beef
*tacos (I like the soft ones)
*cumin/salt/black pepper/
*onions
*tomatoes
*cilantro
*jalapenos
*maple syrup
*fresh ears of corn

saute the beef together with the above spices, u can add a little tomato sauce as well. make a pico de gallo with the tomatoes, onions and cilantro with a hint of olive oil. then proceed to heat a pan and add maple syrup with a dash of vinegar and fry sliced jalapenos. grill the corn to get it nice and charred and then cut corn off the cob directly on top of the finished taco. Oh, and make sure to heat the tacos directly over a fire before putting in the fillings.

These all contain carbs Sad

I am assuming I can just leave out the maple syrup and corn.
Does anyone know of any taco subsitute?
This recipe looks really good.

Thanks all for your responses. They are very helpful!

grace413

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 3:30 pm
Unstuffed cabbage.

saute onions and ground beef. Drain fat. Add canned tomatos (crushed, pieces, whatever), cabbage, garlic, pepper. Simmer for about 30 minutes.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 3:36 pm
I make taco meat and serve over a large seasoned leafy salad with romaine lettuce, red onion, grape tomatoes, cubed kirbies, and cubed avocado. It delicious and everyone enjoys it.

Or make three layer taco with guacamole, pico de gallo, and taco meat. Make beet chips to scoop it all up with instead of taco chips.

rainbow

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 4:22 pm
I never use sugar in meat balls:
Whole raw eggs (optional)
Grated onion
Grated garlic
Salt
Ground meat
Sauted onions (optional)
Some grated zucchini (optional)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics