Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Arizona criminalized changing diapers and circumcision

bluebird

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 7:38 pm
... at least implicitly.

http://ijr.com/2016/09/695445-.....zona/

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_......html

Arizona passed a law banning touching the genitals, backside, or breasts (female only) of any child under the age of 15, but didn't specify that only s-xual touch is prohibited. The AZ supreme court upheld the language of this law. So basically, in Arizona you can't legally touch the genitals of anyone under the age of 15. No bathing, no diaper changing, no treating rashes, no treating UTIs, no helping your kids or kids in your care use the toilet or wipe themselves after, no circumcision, etc. It's not even clear to me if a doctor could examine a child private areas for medical reasons.

Way to go, Arizona.

LittleDucky

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 7:55 pm
This way if they can't convict someone for something else they can get them on this.
Stupid.

tryinghard

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 8:04 pm
wow. Just, wow.

There's a lot of talk going on about government overreach, but this certainly takes the cake.

Oh, but we are supposed to feel better because a) “prosecutors are unlikely to charge parents” engaged in innocent conduct and b)"parents can still present their innocence as an “affirmative defense” in court" IF they can present a "preponderance of evidence" supporting the lack of s-xual motivation.

tryinghard

Post Sun, Sep 18 2016, 8:08 pm
LittleDucky wrote:
This way if they can't convict someone for something else they can get them on this.
Stupid.

This - as one of the articles points out, this can be held as a threat at any time, for any caregiver or parent...

I'm not one to be uber-paranoid of government, but this is scary.

DH and I always say we would love to move to Phoenix - but this makes me happy for once that we don't live there (that and the months of June-September).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics