Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Argentina

tichellady

Post Mon, Sep 19 2016, 5:34 pm
Trying to plan a trip there for a couple. Anyone been there recently and have any advice? The first steps of planning a trip are always a bit overwhelming.

Thanks!

doctorima

Post Mon, Sep 19 2016, 10:26 pm
How long do they want to go for? What time of year? What are their interests?

yo'ma

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 8:34 am
How long are they staying? Do they want to go to the north, closer to Brazil or/and the south, Barioloche (sp?)? Most people it seems go to either of these two places and come to the capital, buenos aires for shabbos.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 8:39 am
I went with friends when single, and loved it. Spent Shabbat in Buenos Aires, near the Jewish community in Once. Iguazu Falls is a must see, and if you are outdoorsy they're are beautiful areas in the south.

tichellady

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 1:06 pm
They have 2-3 weeks in november. They are active and love nature. The country is so big they don't know where to focus on. Iguazu and Patagonia are both very appealing, but quite far. Where in buenos Aires should they stay? Right now they are thinking of buenos Aires for Shabbat and a few days , iguazu for one night and the rest in Patagonia- not sure even how to break Patagonia up. Any tips for keeping kosher outside of buenos Aires?

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 2:48 pm
I envy you!!
Ignore the pms you will be getting about it being unsafe/for Jews/for white/for tourists.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 10:05 am
I can't help with out of Buenos Aires. Here's a site that gives you a list of kosher foods. ajdut kosher

In November the weather is usually nice to hot. In buenos aires, the three neighborhoods that most people (jewish) stay in is Once, Palermo, or Recoleta. Once is where the largest jewish community is and the most kosher foods and restaurants. The distance between the neighborhoods aren't that far, but walking is between half hour to an hour, depending where. Transportation is not a problem in the city. There are public buses and subways and plenty of taxis. The subways now can only be used with a subte which you can buy in certain stores. Not sure about the buses though.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 10:09 am
Ruchel wrote:
I envy you!!
Ignore the pms you will be getting about it being unsafe/for Jews/for white/for tourists.

Really? People did this when you inquired about Argentina? I don't know about out of Buenos Aires, but it's fine here.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 10:11 am
I asked a friend about kosher food down south because that's where she's originally from and her parents live there. She said there was a beit jabad there. Maybe there is also in the north.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Sep 22 2016, 7:35 pm
For food, we mainly stocked up on meat and cheese in BA. Didn't know there are other Jewish communities.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics