Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
POLL: How long did you cosleep with your child?
Previous  1  2

I coslept with my child for...
Never  
 45%  [ 88 ]
One month  
 2%  [ 5 ]
Three months  
 4%  [ 8 ]
Six months  
 4%  [ 8 ]
Eight months  
 6%  [ 13 ]
A year  
 9%  [ 18 ]
Two years  
 8%  [ 17 ]
More than two years  
 19%  [ 38 ]
Total Votes : 195

JustAFrumMom

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 7:27 pm
Co-slept half the night (after the midnight feeding) with DD for almost a year and I have since always allowed her into the bed if she came in my room looking for comfort in the night. Even still she will climb into bed if she has a bad dream, though it's rare now as she is 5. Also, I nursed her for 18 months. DS had a pack and play next to my bed from birth. DH and I agreed that we would share our room with him for 1 year. He would also sleep half the night with me because I would sleep while nursing him. At one year, I began putting DD back into the pack and play after nursing and by 13 months he was moved into his room. He sleeps through the night now usually (now 15 mths old), so I don't really co-sleep anymore. If he has a bad night, then he'll sleep in the bed with me. I plan to do the same as my DD. He is still nursing and will until he weans himself. He's already nursing far less (ie: no middle of the night feeding!) If he needs comfort in the night, he can always crawl into my bed. Neither child ever was rolled on or fell when sleeping at night. When they got bigger they crawled off the bed a couple times until they learned. I made it a point to teach each of them as soon as they were crawling to go feet first off of things and that was very successful at preventing the crawling off. I also put pillows on the floor.

anonymrs

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 8:10 pm
I voted a year but after reading the posts, I should've voted more than 2 years. I officially had her in my bed from the beginning of the night until a year. After that, I put her to sleep in her crib and then she came into my bed sometime during the night until about 3.5. She is fine now bh.

Kugglegirl

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 11:12 pm
My 4 yo just recently started sleeping in his own bed. But he still likes someone to be in the room with him.

My older kids were all sleeping in their own beds between 4-5 yo IIRC. Some earlier.

By 8 or 9 they were for sure not coming to the big bed anymore.

The only one who never co-slept much is the youngest. But she has health issues & I try to hold her and be with her as much as possible, since I feel like we really missed something important.

chavs

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 5:50 pm
I co sleep with my little ones and Co slept with my big ones after I stopped nursing them at night.
Before they started solids I'd nurse them at night and a while after they start solids I night wean. I still nurse them during the day and just before I go to bed and early in the morning but not during the night.
I don't remember how long I coslept with my eldest two but my 8 year old occasionally comes in to my bed if she wakes up or has a nightmare still. My 2 year old and my 9 month old co-sleep with us now and I've got no immediate plans of ending it.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 10:59 pm
Co sleep for over a year, between 14 and 22 months, depending on how long I nursed clean. Once I had cycles I no longer wanted a baby with me during the two weeks on...

fbc

Post Thu, Sep 22 2016, 4:47 pm
There was no "until 4 months" option, but that's what I did. Nursed for 7 weeks. Originally dd was in bassinet or pack n play. But she really didn't sleep well in there so from about 1 month to 4 months slept in my bed or dh bed. Then we decided enough, I'd gone to mikvah at 3 months pp, it's time for us to switch her to a crib in her room. It's dc#1. Can't say how well it worked cuz I have no one else to compare to, but she's a very happy babe so I guess we're doing something right!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics