Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Rebbi always yelling and putting boys against the wall

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 9:07 am
My friend and I have 7 yr. old boys in the same class in a chassidish/yeshivish yeshiva.

My son always comes home happy and never has a problem going to yeshiva in the morning.
My friend just called me to tell me her son doesnt want to go to yeshiva because my son and a few other boys are always getting yelled at and sent to the back to stand against the wall,
her son is afraid that it will happen to him.

So now what do I do? On one hand my son seems fine, he told me he gets yelled at but he has a very thick skin and doesnt care. I do want him to learn but we spoke to the rebbi before we found out about this and he said my son is doing ok not top but fine.

So how should I proceed?

Maya

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 9:14 am
Can you elaborate on what your options are?

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 9:51 am
Do you know WHY this is happening?
Are they disrupting? Not learning nicely? Don't know the stuff?
Can you speak to the principal about it?

sourstix

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 9:58 am
If your ds is being yelled at find out about what. Then u can figure out what is the best option what to do. Can u ask ds what happens if someone misbehaves? He should know. Or ask the rebbe what are his discipline methods r. U can't do anything before understand what's happening. Your friend might have a different issue or not. U don't know until u investigate.
I just asked ds what happens when a kid misbehaves and he was able to tell me straight away. I was happy with his answer. Something doesn't sound good there. But keep on going at it. Don't let this become a bigger issue. Even tho your ds has thick skin u still want him to be happy and be in a good invironment.

Inspire

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 12:37 pm
the one's with thick skin will sometimes grow up quietly but deeply cynical and fall through the cracks as adults. If the discipline is unreasonable, worthwhile to pursue and correct the problem.

sourstix

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 1:22 pm
Why was I hugged?

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 1:24 pm
sourstix wrote:
Why was I hugged?

Because there are some ridiculously passive aggressive ladies on here.

salt

Post Thu, Sep 22 2016, 8:09 am
amother wrote:
Because there are some ridiculously passive aggressive ladies on here.

I didn't hug you, and it also drives me mad when people hug me.
The only reasons could be:
1. mistake
2. "wow, what amazing advice - I LOVE you!"
3. You poor thing, you're writing "u" instead of "you", "r" instead of "are" and you don't even know how to spell "Environment"!

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Sep 22 2016, 8:57 am
salt wrote:
I didn't hug you, and it also drives me mad when people hug me.
The only reasons could be:
1. mistake
2. "wow, what amazing advice - I LOVE you!"
3. You poor thing, you're writing "u" instead of "you", "r" instead of "are" and you don't even know how to spell "Environment"!

Hugs to you that you have so much anger in you that makes you call out others mistakes!
Hug

rachel6543

Post Thu, Sep 22 2016, 10:20 am
That doesn't sound right with a teacher yelling at 7 year old kids, from the way you describe it sounds like a very regular occurrence. I would not be happy at all about that!! I would definitely speak with the teacher and principal about what is going on. Something needs to change. If something like this was going in my child's class & not being resolved immediately , I personally would look into changing teachers or schools.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics