Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
I don't like baby boy clothes
1  2  Next

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 12:23 pm
I'm expecting my 3rd keh. I have two little girls. I don't know if I'm having a boy or girl and won't find out till the birth... but I as happy as I would be to have a boy, I'm not looking forward to the potential of having to dress a baby in "boy baby clothes." Infant clothing is mostly fine--it's basically all the same (onesies and nightgowns), though I guess I can't use all the cupcake and flower patterned stuff I already have (or can I? isn't it ridiculous to have to buy baseballs and dinosaurs--as if a boy infant cares about those things more than he would care about flower and cupcakes?)

But for older babies (anything under age 2, really), I've always found dresses to be SO much more practical. My 17 month old wears dresses almost all the time. It's so much easier with diaper changes and faster to get her dressed. It's easier to work on potty training if I don't have to pull her pants off every time.

I also HATE dealing with baby socks (I always end up with one bare baby foot within half an hour of putting on the sock and they get lost) I have tons of pairs of tights for my girls instead. Can a baby boy wear tights too?

I also think a lot of nicer clothing for baby boys (under 2) looks so silly and stuffy-- pants with buttons and button down shirts seem totally impractical for that age, and overly adult compared to what I'm able to dress my girls in.

Am I just being silly?

I understand why in the past, boys and girls were dressed the same under a certain age and I wish that were socially acceptable.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 12:36 pm
I totally understand you!! I have the opposite concern..
I'm a mother of 2 boys and am pregnant with my third.
I'm really hoping for another boy! especially now when I'm shopping for winter clothes and can't seem to like a single girl's outfit:) I know I'll get used to it if I have a girl but I'm just so used to boy's stuff and love the dinosaurs and baseballs:) but there's classy stuff without the baseballs too. I promise you that you'll love the pants and missing socks once you have a boy.

My baby 50% of the times also has a missing sock. :_)
Diaper changing you'll get used to, even though pants are harder than dresses.
And potty training takes a week? a month? and that's that.

Is something wrong with me that I'm hoping to find out it's a boy?
I'll probably be posting here if I find out it's a girl!

OMG!

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 12:36 pm
I think u are being silly! I love dressing my 3 boys! I have one girl too. My baby is a boy and I love all his clothing! There's such a veriety these days.. Just look around

OMG!

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 12:38 pm
Oh and I usually don't put on socks anyway. Not in the summer at least

ectomorph

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 12:38 pm
Lol. I have 2 boys and hate girl clothes. Don't know what I would do if I had a girl.
I put my son in overalls . Hard for him to take off, easy to change diaper.
I have to admit he prefers to be undressed anyway and I let it go as long as we aren't going anywhere. I just put on a shirt.
He goes through 2+ outfits a day.
When wearing a shirt and pants/shorts it's nice to be able to change one half at a time.

mha3484

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 12:42 pm
I love dressing my little boys. My almost two year old has tee shirts that are so tiny its adorable. I find it so easy to dress him in tee shirts shorts or pants and a hoodie if its chilly. I am so fashion clueless I will have no idea what to do if I have a girl this time.

animeme

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 1:30 pm
What's the difference between taking off tights for a diaper change and taking off pants? I find tights harder to put back on than the pants.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 1:37 pm
animeme wrote:
What's the difference between taking off tights for a diaper change and taking off pants? I find tights harder to put back on than the pants.

Ah, I agree taking off tights and pants are equally annoying for diaper changes. But I was saying the added bonus of tights is not having to put on socks. For my girls, when it's cold enough that they need to have their legs and feet covered, I find tights so much easier than pants + socks, because those tiny socks get lost so easily. I don't see why boys can't wear tights under a certain age.

happybeingamom

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 2:32 pm
And pre teen and teenage boys are a million times easier to dress then girls.

When my girls were still wearing diapers if they wore a dress they always had a diaper cover, I personally don't like the look of diapers showing. In the winter I used pants I hated changing diapers with tights. My girls were little before the current style of leggings so not much experience with that.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 2:58 pm
There are great one piece options. I like the polo shirt that instead of the bottom looking like a onesie, it looks like shorts.
Pants are really easy to put on and off.
Do as the Russians do, put tights under the pants in the winter.
Put robeez on top of socks to hold them on.
I find that only smaller babies lose their socks, they can still be in stretchies then.
Toddlers may pull off their socks and hide them.
Look in the baby boy sections of the stores you're in anyway, there are some really cute options!

Raisin

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 5:19 pm
the time you save pulling off trousers you will spend a thousand times looking for long enough skirts for your pre teen daughters....

I agree with you about the socks. I buy super cheap socks (50c a pair) and don't stress too much if they match. I used to buy lots and lots of identical socks but for some reason that is hard to find and they get confused with my older sons socks so I buy the patterned ones - but I keep buying the same patterns.

My sister used to put tights on baby boys in the winter. Smile

greenfire

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 5:36 pm
not everyone likes pink & pretty ... but I've found of recent baby boys' clothing is so preppy - babies look like they're on the way to college or so ghetto they're on the way to a drug deal

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 5:56 pm
amother wrote:
Ah, I agree taking off tights and pants are equally annoying for diaper changes. But I was saying the added bonus of tights is not having to put on socks. For my girls, when it's cold enough that they need to have their legs and feet covered, I find tights so much easier than pants + socks, because those tiny socks get lost so easily. I don't see why boys can't wear tights under a certain age.

It's actually very trendy for boys to wear tights these days. Look on hm.com. They have tights with cars and other boyish patterns

lucky14

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 8:32 pm
oh wow. I wanted a girl so badly because I thought girls had such cuter clothing, then I had a boy and found out boys have cute clothes too! The sock thing is annoying, but oh I would NOT want to deal with tights. Personally I would NOT put tights on a boy. That is just weird to me and I want my boy looking like a boy not a girl. Even if stores are selling tights for boys, I have yet to see someone actually putting them on their son. I also don't like dinosaur and car clothing. I found a lot of cute cuddly clothing that I like- but there's so much out there just look for stores that sell the style you think is cute.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 8:37 pm
lucky14 wrote:
oh wow. I wanted a girl so badly because I thought girls had such cuter clothing, then I had a boy and found out boys have cute clothes too! The sock thing is annoying, but oh I would NOT want to deal with tights. Personally I would NOT put tights on a boy. That is just weird to me and I want my boy looking like a boy not a girl. Even if stores are selling tights for boys, I have yet to see someone actually putting them on their son. I also don't like dinosaur and car clothing. I found a lot of cute cuddly clothing that I like- but there's so much out there just look for stores that sell the style you think is cute.

My son with tights. Now you've seen everything!! Smile

lucky14

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 8:40 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:

My son with tights. Now you've seen everything!! Smile

touche Smile

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 8:42 pm
lucky14 wrote:
touche Smile

Well you gotta admit he looks cute!

lucky14

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 10:45 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Well you gotta admit he looks cute!

lol yeah... it's true, I do. I still can't imagine putting my son in tights though.

cinnabuns

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 12:07 am
I've seen in the winter people doing tights under the pants, stays on better than socks and is warm. And you can't tell Smile

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 4:32 am
I felt similar before my son was born but I soon found out it isn't true.

Dungaree outfits with buttons for diaper changes are very practical for babies. Pants aren't the most convenient but small baby girls look silly in dresses in my opinion!

Potty training stage - boys can go standing up super convenient - and at that age they can learn to pull up and down their own pants.

Also, once you see your own son wearing little blue things you can't help but think they are adorable.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics