Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Requires weekend hours- do I even bother?

amother
White

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 2:05 pm
There's a job I'd like to apply to, but says it will require "some weekend hours". I have no problem working Sundays, so I definitely can say I can work "some weekend hours", and if I get to the stage where they're asking about weekend availability, I can say I'm available on Sundays and hopefully that's good enough. But maybe it means the job really requires Saturdays? In which case it's an obvious non starter and a waste of everyone's time for me to apply, on top of the disappointment for me (I would really like this particular job). So, should I even bother applying? Wwyd?

LiLIsraeli

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 2:21 pm
You'll never know unless you try. I applied to a job like that and turns out it could be either Saturday or Sunday. My boss is Jewish but not frum and respectful so she right away understood that it had to be Sunday. I think it's worth applying for.

lfab

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 2:22 pm
Definitely worth applying for. Sunday is definitely considered weekend hours and they may be willing to work with you to only do Sunday and not Saturday.

trixx

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 2:47 pm
Don't say no for them! Apply. If they like you enough they may be able to juggle or move around the weekend hours. Or it may turn out that they just write that to cover themselves in case you need to do overtime work, and you can complete it during the week. Having posted ads for, interviewed and hired for my job, I can tell you that I will do what I can to make it work for the right candidate.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics