Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Body Safety

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 12:29 pm
I understand that it's important for children to know the actual names of private body parts-

1. why is that so?
2. at what age should they be taught this?

Thanks

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 3:33 am
bump

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 5:07 am
amother wrote:
I understand that it's important for children to know the actual names of private body parts-

1. why is that so?
2. at what age should they be taught this?

Thanks

1. Why? So that if they have to tell someone if something hurts or if someone did something to them, they can tell them the correct location. Also its just a good idea to teach children the correct names for ALL body parts. Why the need to call things by nicknames I will never understand.
2. My daughter started asking questions about her body at about 2 or three. I told her the proper names for everything.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 7:28 am
It's cultural. In France even the doctor uses a kid name with kids. It doesn't cause anything hideous, c'v.

You can still teach safety. Just don't make all adults or men to be hideous... or grandma who wants a kiss because in her generation you don't say no to a kiss to grandma.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 7:32 am
Ruchel wrote:

You can still teach safety. Just don't make all adults or men to be hideous... or grandma who wants a kiss because in her generation you don't say no to a kiss to grandma.

Well, no, but if a child doesn't want a kiss from grandma, they should be saying no.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children