Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Help. Buy regular size or current (preg) size of dress?

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 5:11 pm
I'm about 20 weeks pregnant with a little bump, my butt has gotten bigger (and I didn't think that was possible lol), my formerly 25 inch waist is now over 28 and my bust went from 30D or DD to a solid triple. Besides for that I haven't gained weight meaning I'm not fat just pregnant.

Found the most amazing flattering perfect versatile black dress. I mean it makes me look not pregnant. It's cheap enough for me to buy even if I don't wear it for another year but it's too expensive to get 2 sizes of.

So here's the dilemma. The S is a bit tight across bust and a drop short (even though I looked it up online and it's 41 inches my usual length for heels) while the M fits me perfect now except for sleeves too baggy. Like if I lose 5 pounds it will look too big on me all over. However the length is longer (41 5/8 again longer than I usually need).

Do I buy the size that currently fits me, but anyways my belly will soon outgrow it, or get my usual size and wait to wear it? (I can possibly pull off the S for even Rosh Hashanah, with flats, and kind of ignore the tight bust)

I just feel a bit foolish to buy something that will sit, however it seems equally dumb to get a size that will be too big on me when my regular clothing fits.

Tldr; if I wasn't pregnant I would fit/buy the S, should I now buy M?

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 5:17 pm
Double

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 5:18 pm
Have you been pregnant before? Have you always gone back to your regular size afterward? If so then go with the S. If you don't have track record and want to wear it now and have it as a larger size dress in your wardrobe since it's flattering then get the M and hem the sleeves.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 5:41 pm
First pregnancy. But I want it in general in life that's why I'm debating

I don't think I'm gaining much weight, I feel like I'll be able to lose anything... I've always been skinny and I eat very well

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 5:47 pm
It sounds like you want the smaller size. Go for it!

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 5:49 pm
You might not go back to the same smaller size after pregnancy. I lost all my baby weight after my baby was born, but my body shape was different. Curvier hips and a bigger bust (I went up 2 cup sizes!). Many of my smaller clothes wouldn't fit, even though I had lost all the weight. I'd personally recommend getting the medium size. If you lose weight after the pregnancy, you can always have the dress tailored and taken in.

smile12345

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 7:34 pm
Agree with the poster above. Unfortunately, I never fit back into my original size again Sad

Post Thu, Sep 22 2016, 1:46 am
I happen to fit back in my clothing but would anytime buy a drop bigger and rather tailor it if needed. With a drop of a too small dress you most of the time can't do anything. And if the bust is tight already I've had experience with being flat all the time but when I'm nursing. So your bust might not be the smallest size after your baby.

sprayonlove

Post Thu, Sep 22 2016, 8:11 am
I would buy the small. You'll get more wear out of it in your regular size. I'm in maternity clothes now but I bought some skirts recently (for a price I didn't want to pass up) in my regular size and they're sitting in my closet until after I give birth.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics