Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Mill Basin, Bergen Beach, Canarsie, Brownsville, E. Flatbush

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 5:37 pm
My daughter is a single mom and is being evicted from her apartment. I'm in Israel, and have invited her to come stay with me; however, she has to stay in the states for the next year.

Anyone know if any of the above-named neighborhoods have a shul where her son (he's 18) can daven on Shabbos? How about weekday minyanim?

Would my daughter and her son have a welcoming community in any of these neighborhoods?

Can someone with knowledge say a little bit about these neighborhoods?

Thanks in advance!

doctorima

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 6:22 pm
Mill Basin definitely has a frum community and shul. Brownsville and East Flatbush don't have anything Jewish AFAIK, nor are they safe neighborhoods to even walk around!

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 7:50 pm
Thanks for this info!

Any info re Canarsie and Bergen Beach?

Bruria

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 9:45 pm
Mill Basin has many shuls to choose from and is a safe neighborhood. Bergen beach is also good and close to Mill Basin.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Sep 22 2016, 8:39 am
doctorima wrote:
Mill Basin definitely has a frum community and shul. Brownsville and East Flatbush don't have anything Jewish AFAIK, nor are they safe neighborhoods to even walk around!

Canarsie went the same route as E. Flatbush. Sigh, the good old days when the jewish communities there were thriving!! I know of one jewish family that live in E. Flatbush and they walk a distance to a shul. I think everyone moved out of canarsie. Sorry, just so sad!! There's also Old Mill Basin which is somewhat near Mill Basin. It has fewer jewish families, but still very friendly. My friend who used to live in E. Flatbush (her parents still do) lives there now and she loves it.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Sep 22 2016, 9:04 pm
I appreciate all the info you're sharing here. I'll forward to my daughter.

Bergen Beach has a beach where they can swim? (or is it called Bergen Beach for other reasons?)

Which of these communities would have minyan each day, including Shabbos?

Any one of these neighborhoods would have better air quality than the others? My grandson is asthmatic and cleaner air helps him, though I'll bet B'klyn air quality is poor in general... or maybe not?

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Sep 22 2016, 10:33 pm
I have an asthmatic child and Mill Basin's air has been good so far, I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but it's been milder.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating