Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Has this ever happened to you? No room at wedding hall

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Sep 22 2016, 1:05 am
Help I am making a wedding soon and I just realized that so many people said they are coming but I didnt invite them. I dont mind them coming but the hall is smallish and the other side has a large family and there will not be any room.
I am just so scared there wont be enough food, we arent doing place cards because it is a chaddish hall.
Has anyone ever told anyone they cant come to their wedding because of lack of space?
I know people say they will come but dont but I know everyone will come.

thanks

Post Thu, Sep 22 2016, 1:22 am
Mazel Tov, relax and don't worry. I'm sure it will all work out.
Even if they all come, they often come at staggered times. Many people come and go, which frees up their seat. When there are no place cards, it's much easier. People will take a seat if there is one, and during dancing, there will be no need to sit.

Enjoy your simcha!

Post Thu, Sep 22 2016, 2:27 am
When someone invites me I also always say sure will try to be there. And then it's either yes or no. Don't get nervous. Most people have busy night schedules and even though they are so happy with your simcha they rush or to another simcha or home. For sure don't tell people not to come cause your out of space.

DrMom

Post Thu, Sep 22 2016, 2:43 am
amother wrote:
Help I am making a wedding soon and I just realized that so many people said they are coming but I didnt invite them. I dont mind them coming but the hall is smallish and the other side has a large family and there will not be any room.
I am just so scared there wont be enough food, we arent doing place cards because it is a chaddish hall.
Has anyone ever told anyone they cant come to their wedding because of lack of space?
I know people say they will come but dont but I know everyone will come.

No, this has never happened to me. In my circles, it is unacceptable to show up to a simcha uninvited.

Have you and your mechutanim discussed how many guests each side is inviting? This should have been discussed earlier... (At least that I what is done in our circles. Perhaps there are cultural differences here...)

Iymnok

Post Thu, Sep 22 2016, 4:44 am
In Israel they often have a "simchas chosson v'kalla". Basically a buffet table for the uninvited guests who come to dance after the main seuda.
Generally mini schnitzel and burekas type foods.

cindy324

Post Thu, Oct 06 2016, 7:36 pm
Yeah, I also don't understand people saying theyre coming when they weren't even invited. It' not a free for all, I just made a wedding and I probably could've invited another 100 guests, but funds are not endless, so we had to stick to a budget. Also, to the poster that said, she responds by saying she'll try to come, that is really , not a good answer...I literally had to chase after people for an answer, some made sure to tell me they'll come later to say Mazel Tov, to not reserve a seat for them, but some people actually said they were def coming, then didn't show. I understand that emergencies happen,BUT remember...we are paying per person for the meal! At least send me a text on the day of to tell me how sorry you are but an emergency came up.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics