Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Applying to school for daughter - Lakewood

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Sep 22 2016, 5:10 pm
amother wrote:
We are looking for a good, frum, warm school with a normal range of academics not extremely academic and not low academics. We are looking for a school that has a very frum parent body but not very yeshivish.

I am applying to schools now for my daughter and looking for the same type of school. Can anyone tell me about Bnos Esther Malka, Meoros, Bnos Devorah, and Nachlas Bais Yaakov? Or can someone recommend a school that fits the criteria. Any information would be greatly appreciated. TIA

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Sep 22 2016, 7:19 pm
amother wrote:
I am applying to schools now for my daughter and looking for the same type of school. Can anyone tell me about Bnos Esther Malka, Meoros, Bnos Devorah, and Nachlas Bais Yaakov? Or can someone recommend a school that fits the criteria. Any information would be greatly appreciated. TIA

All those schools fit those criteria. My daughters go to one of those schools. This is my opinion of the schools' ranking.

Frumkeit, most to least: Meoros, Bnos Devorah, Nachlas, Bnos Devorah.
Academics, most to least: Bnos Devorah, Nachlas, Bnos Esther Malka, Meoros.
Warmth, most to least: Nachlas Bais Yaakov, Meoros, Bnos Esther Malka, Bnos Devorah.

Again this is my opinion, and my daughters go to one of these schools so I have personal experience with only one of them. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Sep 22 2016, 8:56 pm
I happen to personally know the people who started Nachlas BY. They are the most warm, caring, NORMAL and toradik people. I can honestly say that people like them belong in the chinuch system. I have spoken to people who send there and they are thrilled.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Sep 22 2016, 9:05 pm
I'm also applying for my daughter this year. some schools I know nothing about. What is nachlas like and up till what grade do they have?

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Sep 22 2016, 9:15 pm
Nachlas has up to first grade this year.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Sep 22 2016, 9:31 pm
whats the crowd, whose the principal

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Sep 22 2016, 11:17 pm
I'm a therapist and I work with a child in Bnos Devorah (I see the child in school.) It's a very warm school. Mrs. Notis really has her finger on the pulse, she knows what''s going on with every child. The principals are all very warm and on top of everything that's going on in the classrooms. They are a pretty academic school and are very on top of what each child is up to so that they can make sure that no one is falling through the cracks. It seems to me that the clientele is very frum though not necessarily yeshivish, per se.

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 10:43 am
my daughters are in Bnos Esther Malka. Mrs Schorr is so warm and caring. She greets every girl in the morning by name when they come in to school. When they leave on Friday she gives them a shabbos treat and wishes each girl individually good shabbos. It is an academic school. Mrs Schorr came from Bnos Yaakov and my girls learn tons and have tons of homework. but the teachers make it fun and exciting. They love going to school!
Bnos Esther Malka is not yeshivish but its a frum mixed crowd.

Nachlas is run by Suri Robinson and the principal is Mrs Smith. that's all I know about it

Chayalle

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 10:48 am
I have three nieces and several neighbors in Bnos Esther Malka. Ditto to Pink amother - the school is amazing. Mrs. Schorr is warm and caring, and has her finger on the needs of every single student. I think the academics will be high, as she is coming from Bnos Yaakov which has high academics - but she is not a pressurizing person and does her best to meet each student's needs.

It's a frum mixed crowd without all the yeshivish rules.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics