Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
What does it mean - compatible with Keurig K-Cup Pods only?

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 1:04 pm
I know that this sounds like a really silly question, but I hate coffee and can hardly even tolerate the smell of it (and growing up, no one in my family was into it either), so I don't know anything about it. dh loves coffee, so I wanted to surprise him Brewing System (I'm guessing that's what makes very good coffee?) for our anniversary - I know he'll appreciate being about to grab a cup to drink on his way to work. Anyways now there's a good sale online for http://kollelbudget.com/kohls-.....bate/

Does it look like a good one? Also it says its compatible with Keurig K-Cup Pods only what does that mean? What exactly is that? When I google it different I see different types of flavors of cups come up??

(I know I sound really ignorant, but I never go near coffee...)

greenfire

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 1:10 pm
the k-cups come in different sizes ... this machine will take a said certain size that is the same brand Keurig

so buy the size it says on the box ... they are little individual containers that you put into the chamber that when closed it pops open & hot water pours over it to brew the coffee

some companies also sell an empty cup for your own coffee flavour to fill & brew & wash & re-use

sounds like a FUN present לחיים coffee

greenfire

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 1:15 pm
http://www.kohls.com/search.js.....gular

http://www.kohls.com/product/p.....gtab1

Kumphort

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 1:19 pm
I think what it means is that the new keurig machines make you buy their brand k cups. They have a special code on the cup and a reader on the machine so you can only use their cups

There are plenty of good k cups but not always the best prices. Their are hacks online how to trick ur machine into thinking ur non brand k cup is indeed a k cup

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 1:30 pm
greenfire wrote:
the k-cups come in different sizes ... this machine will take a said certain size that is the same brand Keurig

so buy the size it says on the box ... they are little individual containers that you put into the chamber that when closed it pops open & hot water pours over it to brew the coffee

some companies also sell an empty cup for your own coffee flavour to fill & brew & wash & re-use

sounds like a FUN present לחיים coffee

Thanks - you've been a big help! I see there are a lot of different flavors... What's a basic one that he should like? I think maybe I I'll get the most for my money if I go with Keurig® My K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter? I know my husband likes to get coffee from Dunkin Donuts, do they sell the flavor there? What do I ask for - do they have different types?

(I cant ask this to dh - I want it to be a surprise plus he hates spending money on himself, so I have to buy it without him knowing beforehand)

greenfire

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 2:18 pm
coffee comes in different flavours & a person can be particular to the type they like based on strength, bold or mild, added flavours like hazelnut, french vanilla, chocolate raspberry, etc. [check for kashrus] etc.

my suggestion is to purchase a sampler ... cause then he can try new varieties within one box / and it's like completing the present [sort of like batteries to a toy]

another suggestion is to buy the washable k-cup & a coupon to the coffee of his choice - even if you have to draw one up and go out with him to buy it

or both - he can use the disposable one right away & when they are finished he has the cup to buy his taste
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics