Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What perfume do you wear?
1  2  3  4  Next

Do you wear perfume?
Daily  
 29%  [ 39 ]
special occasions  
 47%  [ 62 ]
never  
 22%  [ 30 ]
Total Votes : 131

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 4:52 pm
How often do you wear perfume? Is perfume tznious? Why do you like it? Do you wear a signature scent or do you change it up often?

I'll go first: In high school I learned perfume wasn't tznious because men smelled you as you walked by. I wear perfume every day. It makes me feel pretty and clean. I have had scents over the years that I loved and wore every day, but never lasted more than a few months before I got bored. Recently I got a bag of about 18 perfume samples from Sephora. There are a few I hate, but most of them I just rotate or use when the scent matches my mood. My current favorites are Tom Ford orchid soliel and something from Pinrose...I think secret genius but I don't remember

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 5:12 pm
I don't wear perfume ever but for olfactory reasons, not tznius reasons. perfume dates back to biblical times and is referenced on several occasions. if it was okay for them, it's okay for me.

amother
Black

Post Sat, Sep 24 2016, 2:47 pm
I wear DKNY be delicious. Been wearing it for years. A spray or two is perfectly okay in my opinion. As long as you're not leaving a trail behind you..

amother
Bisque

Post Sat, Sep 24 2016, 4:08 pm
I wear it daily. It's an essential part of my grooming routine. I don't feel ready to face the world without perfume.
I have many. DH just bought me the latest Issey Miyake flanker - L'Eau d'Issey Pure for Rosh Hashanah. I think it's stunning.
Other favorites are Noa by Cacharel and Modern Muse by Estee Lauder.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sat, Sep 24 2016, 4:17 pm
I used to wear perfume daily as a teenager and young adult. But in the agency I work in, it is not considered professional to wear perfume to work. I wear a very subtle body mist.

My favorite perfume is actually Juicy Viva La. It is very strong, so when I wear it, I only wear a tiny drop. It's fun and funky and not as sophisticated as other perfumes, which is what I like. Wink

trixx

Post Sat, Sep 24 2016, 7:48 pm
Viva LA juicy for fun and fresh
Betsy Johnson lighter but still fun
Vince camuto usually to weddings bc it lasts so long and is sophisticated
Flora by gucci gorgeous gardenia, too light but great scent

Never factored in tznius. If it's light enough to be professional it's tznius enough for me.

cm

Post Sat, Sep 24 2016, 8:18 pm
Perfume is generally considered unprofessional in my line of work, and I haven't found anything I really like anyway.

amother
Smokey

Post Sat, Sep 24 2016, 8:19 pm
I only like one perfume, Flowerbomb by Viktor Rolf

amother
Babyblue

Post Sat, Sep 24 2016, 11:16 pm
I only wear perfume at home. To the point where I will not leave my house as long as I can smell the smell on myself. Why is that? Cuz once by my mother my dh told me he can smell my mother and he found it very not tznius. Therefore Im careful that no men should be able to say that on me. If I need too I even take a shower and wash the smell down.

ValleyMom

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 12:22 am
L'Artisan (available at Barneys)
Fig in the spring and summer
Patch in the autumn and winter

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 1:27 am
I voted never.

I don't like artificial scents. I use unscented detergents, unscented deodorant, unscented shampoos, unscented lotions, etc.

I abhor being in a closed space such as an elevator with someone wearing perfume or aftershave. I really don't get how people impose their scent on other people and I'm not even allergic to perfume like some people who are sensitive to it.

My MIL wears perfume and it has such a strong smell and I really can't stand it. Not that I would say anything to her, but I do try to avoid hugs if I can. She started letting my oldest daughter try it out and I was not happy. I was able to put a stop to that by saying it aggravated DD's allergies.

asmileaday

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 1:37 am
Mary kay Bella Belara and Dance to Life.

Whenever I'm in duty free shops I sniff and smell and am sure that this time I'll buy something new, but they're so expensive and I'm never sure I truly like the smell! Sigh.

As for tznios- we learned that it's assur to walk outside with perfume. If a man smells your perfume and "thinks"(m*sturbates?) about you when he gets home, you go straight to gehenom with him. Rolling Eyes Way to use scare tactics!

I obviously don't belive that cr*p anymore.

essie14

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 1:49 am
I've been wearing Clinique Happy for more years than I can remember. It's very subtle and I wear one spritz a day.

Chew21

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 6:13 am
I love love Tory burch perfume and also like Victoria's Secret. Anyone know of anythg similar that's long lasting??

willymom

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 11:06 am
Estee lauder modern muse le rouge..heaven. .I use sparingly if going out

fbc

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 8:45 pm
I wear on shabbos when not nidda, weddings/other simchos, special occasion (date with dh, birthdays/anniversaries). I haven't tried many (for those who have a favorite, how many do u try before u decide a favorite??? How can I get like a million free samples to try them all out??) so far one I've really liked, I got as a gift, it's called provence of Girard, or something like that. Spring provence of Girard? Don't remember., little pink and green bottle.

babula

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 9:02 pm
I wear a mirage every day but I spray my stomach so it's more subtle.

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Sep 26 2016, 11:33 am
I wear every day.
I have a few including Lady million, armani code, issey miyaki, SJP, Versace and more. I LOVE perfumes so I always buy in duty free etc and they last a good few years (I have a few that I hardly use and I have had them since my wedding).

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Sep 26 2016, 2:14 pm
I used to wear a lot more but then my baby developed eczema and allergies and I stopped wearing anything because I didn't want to irritate him.

He grew out of it but I never got back into perfume... once in a while Ill remember and spray a little.

lapmom

Post Mon, Sep 26 2016, 3:20 pm
I use Uncover Glow by Careline. Its pretty subtle so it soes not leave a scent trail behind when I just spray one puff. I don't wear it to work because I work in pretty close proximity to men, but I do wear it most of the time.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics