Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Making a safe play area

Bitachon101

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 12:34 am
We are outgrowing our apt and in the dreaming stage of moving but most (if any) affordable places dont have enough bedrooms or a play area.
But some of them have either a garage or not finished basement. Im wondering if there is anyway I can turn something like that into a safe habitable playroom without having to spend thousands of dollars on a home we dont even own.
I could possibly get these snap together foam flooring squared but what about walls ceiling etc. Has anyone does this? How would I work around cold and heat?
I had a random idea but im not so handy knowledgeable.... we happen to own a decent sized material and frame sukkah. Is that something I can use to create a safe "room" if I put flooring squares in it? Is tht totally crazy? Just trying to plan for action cuz my baby gonna have to be moved out of my room at some point!!!

Bitachon101

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 3:54 pm
Bump

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 5:04 pm
Playroom? Yes. Kids can play in an unfinished basement or a garage. Make sure the water heater and furnace are not within reach.

But bedrooms need:
• Safe exits/entries. Bedrooms need 2 safe ways to get in and out, including one to the outside. Most basement windows will not pass code for a habitable room — you would have to put in a real, operable window and there are specific area and height requirements. Basically the window needs to be big enough and accessible enough for a person to get out from the room, and also for a fireman to get into the room. Possibly a door to the outside will be considered safe egress if it's actually in the bedroom.

• Climate control — basements often don't need A/C but any space heater you would put in needs to be really safe.

If you're looking to rent a house, perhaps you could partition a larger room into 2 small ones with office panels, or use a den as a bedroom — playroom by day, bedroom at night.

myself

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 5:29 pm
Bitachon101 wrote:
I had a random idea but im not so handy knowledgeable.... we happen to own a decent sized material and frame sukkah. Is that something I can use to create a safe "room" if I put flooring squares in it? Is tht totally crazy? Just trying to plan for action cuz my baby gonna have to be moved out of my room at some point!!!

I can't see this work out any which way. There's no insulation whatsoever.

gold21

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 5:50 pm
Maybe split a room in half with a long gate/play yard
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating